California Medical License

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Utk1800

Reaction score
Hey guys I've applied for my California medical license and submitted all documents. I have completed my medical school in India. California medical board requires minimum of 4 weeks of psychiatry during medical school. My application has a total of 6 weeks of Psych, but 4 weeks out of that is during my 2nd year. Medical board is saying that they only consider rotations starting 3rd year which doesnot make much sense to me. What should I do?

Members don't see this ad.

I think you may have overcomplicated everything by asking them before sending your school's forms. Most of the MBBS grads I know have managed to get their PTAL successfully, including myself. I also had 4 weeks Psych in my 2nd year of MBBS, and then 2 weeks during internship at end. But I just had college fill in each and every clinic posting from 2nd year to internship. (Form L5 I think). Its not an issue, as long as everything is clearly labeled and demonstrated.

Reactions: 1 user