California Northstate Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone else heard anything from the waitlist ??!!

Members don't see this ad.

for those accepted without insurance under your parents...
are you getting different insurance or going with kaiser?

If there is anyone who was accepted to CNCP and still needs a place to live, contact me via email at [email protected]
I have a 3 bedroom apartment right behind the school with one bedroom for rent for $350/month plus utilities. The bathroom is shared with one other person. You can move in before school starts and the lease would be through may of next year.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am now looking for housing aound CNCP, would any current students and accepted students of class 2015 please give me some information or PM me if you have available room for share. Thanksss

Hey congrats on getting in! I have a room for rent in a 3 bedroom apartment, right behind the school at Bishops Court Apartments. $350/month plus utilities. Email me if you are interested [email protected]
A lot of students live at Bishops Court

Is anyone still on the waiting list or it is just me? :)

I just got pulled off the waitlist yesterday. Congratulations to those that have been accepted, and good luck to everyone still on the waitlist. Keep that hope alive guys.

I just got pulled off the waitlist yesterday. Congratulations to those that have been accepted, and good luck to everyone still on the waitlist. Keep that hope alive guys.

You are a brave person. It is kind of painful to be that close and at the same time so far. I wish they send rejection emails now so I can move on... They need to change the system a bit because it is inhumane... Good luck to everyone, keep hoping!!!

Last edited:

Congratssssss.....!!!!!
Can I ask what are your stats?! I wish I knew based on what students on the waitlist are ranked .....

Congratssssss.....!!!!!
Can I ask what are your stats?! I wish I knew based on what students on the waitlist are ranked .....

Thanks a lot guys, appreciate it. I had about a 3.1 - I say 'about' because I took supplemental extra courses after my undergrad to boost my GPA a bit. Some of those courses were prerequisites I needed for pharmacy anyway. In addition to that, I was a clinical pharmacy volunteer for a good deal of time, and shadowed at a retail pharmacy on the side. I interviewed April 15. Didn't take the PCAT. If anyone is considering reapplying, I suggest always keeping in contact with school staff. If you get your name out there, and make an effort to become acquainted with the school, it can go a long way in their consideration of you as a potential candidate. But yeah, like I said, keep the hope alive. I know how agonizing this waiting period can be from personal experience. Good luck to everyone.

Thanks a lot guys, appreciate it. I had about a 3.1 - I say 'about' because I took supplemental extra courses after my undergrad to boost my GPA a bit. Some of those courses were prerequisites I needed for pharmacy anyway. In addition to that, I was a clinical pharmacy volunteer for a good deal of time, and shadowed at a retail pharmacy on the side. I interviewed April 15. Didn't take the PCAT. If anyone is considering reapplying, I suggest always keeping in contact with school staff. If you get your name out there, and make an effort to become acquainted with the school, it can go a long way in their consideration of you as a potential candidate. But yeah, like I said, keep the hope alive. I know how agonizing this waiting period can be from personal experience. Good luck to everyone.

congrats NSPrePharmer, and thanks for the sharing your stats :)

Members don't see this ad :)

Thank you for sharing your stats..... and congrats again ;o) ....Hopefully I'll get accepted too... I volunteered in a pharmacy as well and hospital, and did an internship too .... my gpa is 3.4 ...... ahhh I don't know why I don't get out of the waitlist.... I check my email every second lol and search for the CNCP name ;O)

We must have done something wrong to appear on the wrong side of the waiting list. How far do you live? Were you pre-med before?

We must have done something wrong to appear on the wrong side of the waiting list. How far do you live? Were you pre-med before?

No I wasn't a pre-med.... I don't know why it shows me as pre-medical student.... I have tried to change it to pre-pharmacy 100times and it won't change.... I live in CA and Im an hour away from school.... so very closeee.... Hopefully getting out of the waitlist soooonnnnn..... Can't wait to see that email ;O)...... do you live in CA?

No I wasn't a pre-med.... I don't know why it shows me as pre-medical student.... I have tried to change it to pre-pharmacy 100times and it won't change.... I live in CA and Im an hour away from school.... so very closeee.... Hopefully getting out of the waitlist soooonnnnn..... Can't wait to see that email ;O)...... do you live in CA?

We are almost like twins :). I live relatively close to school as well, have similar GPA 3.5, volunteered at a hospital and shadowed at a pharmacy retail. I have two theories about us: either we did not perform nicely during the interview or they keep us on the waitlist as the last resort. The second one is unlikely but probable which must be true. We are ready for 100%, have our loans approved, live close to school so we can jump in any moment ( very convenient ). If someone will not be able to get a loan, or screws up the last class ( I believe that was the reason why they moved orientation day, and not the financial situation: summer semester ends in the middle of August in most of the schools, and you can find a loan within a week), we become handy. If not, we reapply to CNCP. Either way it is a win-win for school. The chances for us to get in are slim, but miracle happen once in a while:).
What is your backup plan?

We are almost like twins :). I live relatively close to school as well, have similar GPA 3.5, volunteered at a hospital and shadowed at a pharmacy retail. I have two theories about us: either we did not perform nicely during the interview or they keep us on the waitlist as the last resort. The second one is unlikely but probable which must be true. We are ready for 100%, have our loans approved, live close to school so we can jump in any moment ( very convenient ). If someone will not be able to get a loan, or screws up the last class ( I believe that was the reason why they moved orientation day, and not the financial situation: summer semester ends in the middle of August in most of the schools, and you can find a loan within a week), we become handy. If not, we reapply to CNCP. Either way it is a win-win for school. The chances for us to get in are slim, but miracle happen once in a while:).

Lets just say we will get out of the waitlist and be hopeful..... my brain doesn't have a back up plan..... its a MUST ;O)

Did you apply late?

I applied the first day the Pharmcas opened and I sent my suppl. right after..... my interview was in FEB.

I applied close to deadline. Which means it does not really matter when....

Due to a last minute acceptance elsewhere, I decided to give up my seat. Good luck to those still waiting.

Due to a last minute acceptance elsewhere, I decided to give up my seat. Good luck to those still waiting.

Thanks for letting us know!.... and congrats on your acceptance to western university!!! Did you let CNCP know that you change your mind?!

momoneytheu and dejavu00, yes I sent CNCP a notice of withdraw today and received confirmation.

I guess miracles do not happen :0(

Last edited:
I guess miracles do not happen :0(

Cheer up, you guys still have about a month left. Last year people were pulled off the list about a week before classes start so it might not be too late just yet!!!:xf:

Cheer up, you guys still have about a month left. Last year people were pulled off the list about a week before classes start so it might not be too late just yet!!!:xf:

Thanks MBkidd! Were you on the waitlist last year? When did you get called up around? Thanks again.

Last edited:

Do you know how many people they had on their waitlist last year?! .... its 1st week of aug. and most of the schools are starting this week so people who already got accepted to other schools should have dropped their seat from CNCP....I'm trying my best to be hopeful :O(

TruWarier- I wasn't on the wait list last year. :D

Dejavu00- I've talked to several classmates and it seems that they were given acceptances very late into August. Give it until mid to late August before losing all hopes. Can you start on a new pharmcas application, as a back up, you should begin the next application cycle early.

Dejavu00- I've talked to several classmates and it seems that they were given acceptances very late into August. Give it until mid to late August before losing all hopes. Can you start on a new pharmcas application, as a back up, you should begin the next application cycle early.

Thanks MBkidd! Still keeping that hope alive. Besides reapplying, what other advice do you have for use still waiting to be called up?

At this point, I don't think there's anything that the candidates can do. It's up to the admission committee to determine who to pull off the waitlist if there are slots opened. You can email Gail and the other admission members to ask about the waitlist; they'll probably not give you any satisfactory answers but at least you'll put your name out to them.

"Please do not call, email or visit the Office of Admissions regarding your status on the wait list. It is not necessary and your position may be jeopardized if instructions are not followed. All possible attempts will be made to notify those who are called off the list."

This was taken from their website. Not sure, should I email Gail? Right now I don't want to take the risk...yet. Thanks tho!

Unfortunately, waiting is all you can do then :thumbdown:

Thanks.... I guess waiting is the only choice! Aug. 22nd is the orientation so probably they will let us know by then!

Thanks.... I guess waiting is the only choice! Aug. 22nd is the orientation so probably they will let us know by then!

I think its til the first day of classes which is the 29th, which gives us another week in purgatory. But if it is indeed until just the orientation, then you are correct.

I think its til the first day of classes which is the 29th, which gives us another week in purgatory. But if it is indeed until just the orientation, then you are correct.

Isn't the orientation mandatory for all students?

Isn't the orientation mandatory for all students?

yea i think so. But i remember that usually they will change our status to deny after the first day of class...so im really not sure...:confused:

yea i think so. But i remember that usually they will change our status to deny after the first day of class...so im really not sure...:confused:
Hey war. and dej., is it your first app cycle with CNCP?