California Northstate?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

game24

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
1. Why are people disgruntled with this school? 2. Does this school have mandatory attendance?

Members don't see this ad.

I can only answer no. 1.

The school was declined accreditation. From what I heard/researched the school is unorganized and the staff isn't so great. Some might say that the school is a scam to suck money from students and education is not their primary concern. Just some stuff that I've read. If I'm wrong and offended anyone…sorry just sharing info that I read. But it's enough info to make me not even want to go to the interview.

I can only answer no. 1.

The school was declined accreditation. From what I heard/researched the school is unorganized and the staff isn't so great. Some might say that the school is a scam to suck money from students and education is not their primary concern. Just some stuff that I've read. If I'm wrong and offended anyone…sorry just sharing info that I read. But it's enough info to make me not even want to go to the interview.

Let me try to add extra information I've read:

- The school was declined accreditation 2x (but the second time might have been because of their basement?)
- It is difficult to obtain loans for an unaccredited school (or higher interest rates?)
- If the school never becomes accredited, then it will be really difficult to obtain a job in pharmacy (community/clinical), research is probably okay.

Like above, this is only speculation, an I am by no way any expert. Just some things I've read over the course of choosing schools.

Members don't see this ad :)
The mission of non-profit schools are to produce quality professionals. The mission of for-profit schools are to make a profit. The professional associations have failed us by allowing this charlatans to exist. If enough of us refuse to attend this schools, they will fail and the profession will be better off.

The mission of non-profit schools are to produce quality professionals. The mission of for-profit schools are to make a profit. The professional associations have failed us by allowing this charlatans to exist. If enough of us refuse to attend this schools, they will fail and the profession will be better off.

As long as there's people willing to pay to go to these schools they will hang around and popup.

All schools are a business, all schools try to maximize profits.

Schools do not start out accredited. name one school that opened on Monday and got accredited on Tuesday. what about the accredited schools that were about to lose accredidation. does that make them any less of a school? Everyone wants to bash this school...but happens if or when accredidation occurs then what??! ALL schools are ran for profit even state schools!! if you dont like this school keep it moving...or stick around long enough to see happens...then come back here and blog about it

ALL schools are ran for profit even state schools!!

no, they're not. For-profits operate on a completely different organizational/compensation structure. I believe this is bad for education and introduces conflicts of interest when shareholders are seen as more important than students.There are plenty of people who believe that for-profits are fine, legitimate educational institutions, but you should at least understand the differences between non-profit and for-profit schools.

Here's some helpful reading I found: http://www.franklin.edu/blog/non-profit-vs-for-profit-colleges-what-you-need-to-know/

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970203937004578076942611172654.html

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/10/for-profit-colleges-are-t_n_1764186.html

i hear you but schools are business too and their goal is to make money.....tuition goes up, fees go up, and the only way you can afford to go school is if you are rich, loan, scholarships, and grants! Show me a school that will allow studetns to attend free....there is a catch to everything....therefore state schools are in it for the money (i've attended 2) just like schools for profit