California Optometry Law Exam 2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

opto21

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm currently preparing for the opt law exam, which is less than two weeks away for me. I have read the law book once ( a while back) and am now just going through the study guides and doing flashcards. Any tips on how to prepare, esp if you have taken it recently?

I understand knowing when to refer/consult is a big portion of the test.
Are any questions straight from memorization (i.e You have to transmit copies of px record in how many days?)
Also- I realize almost all misdemeanors and felonies are also all unprofessional conduct. Were there several questions on this?
How many questions would you say are applied (i.e based off a case) vs regurgitation?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Members don't see this ad.

All of it was regurgitation. I studied based on the test outline given by psiexams and passed. All of the questions come from the sections listed in that rubric.
Questions were pretty specific so I found studying the scope of practice law (updated of course to include fluorescein angiography and diabetic testing) most helpful in terms of questions asked.

My only advice is study the updated 2018 law. Good luck!

All of it was regurgitation. I studied based on the test outline given by psiexams and passed. All of the questions come from the sections listed in that rubric.
Questions were pretty specific so I found studying the scope of practice law (updated of course to include fluorescein angiography and diabetic testing) most helpful in terms of questions asked.

Thanks a lot for your help Ojos14! :)

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)

Sorry to bother you guys but I just moved from out of state back to California. This may be a stupid question butI am wondering where can I find the updated optom law? Thanks!

Where can I find the study guide?

Where can I get the updates 2018 law book?

Hi All,

I'm currently preparing for the opt law exam, which is less than two weeks away for me. I have read the law book once ( a while back) and am now just going through the study guides and doing flashcards. Any tips on how to prepare, esp if you have taken it recently?

I understand knowing when to refer/consult is a big portion of the test.
Are any questions straight from memorization (i.e You have to transmit copies of px record in how many days?)
Also- I realize almost all misdemeanors and felonies are also all unprofessional conduct. Were there several questions on this?
How many questions would you say are applied (i.e based off a case) vs regurgitation?

Thanks in advance for the help!
Where did you get access to the study guide?

Hi! I am planning on taking the CLRE in Nov. I noted the study guide was changed effective Oct 1, 2019. Here is the link to the study guide. https://candidate.psiexams.com/bull...actionname=83&bulletinid=389&bulletinurl=.pdf

I can't seem to find much information for the areas under Scope of practice regarding, diabetes testing, immunizations, laboratory tests etc. Does anyone have any idea where I can obtain this information? I do not see this in the 2015 law book or the links sent above.

Thanks!

BOPC 3041 is the scope of practice section. There is mention of venipuncture for diabetes as well as lab tests we can order. I think if you search the text for key words you can find the information more easily.