California pharmacist provider status

Started by konkan
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

I've been wondering the same. Does it mean that pharmacists will be able to bill on Medi-Cal? Because that's all I can imagine. We can't yet bill to Medicare…
 
I've been wondering the same. Does it mean that pharmacists will be able to bill on Medi-Cal? Because that's all I can imagine. We can't yet bill to Medicare…

According to this doc, http://www.cshp.org/sites/main/files/file-attachments/sb_493_fact_sheet_-_10.7.13.pdf
we are not yet able to bill any organization for the services we provide. HOWEVER, the biggest part of what made us unable to do so in the past has been the "lack of provider status." Basically, we cleared one big obstacle out of the way for APP (advance practice pharmacists) who are highly trained to be able to perform clinical functions but still on the way to making the payers actually pay us 🙁
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I really want this APP concept to become reality. If anyone can somehow convince the payers to recognize APPs and accept billing, then that one big progress for our profession.