CaliRx

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 24, 2006
California
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacist
There is still time to hear back from these schools. I applied to CA schools as well and I haven't heard back from UOP, Western and Touro.

kimpervious

10+ Year Member
Dec 3, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
When did you turn in your applications (pharmcas and supplementals)? You should call the schools to check if they received all of your paperwork.

UOP usually sends out generic letters saying they received your paperwork. If not, they also let you know through the mail. I know some people got letters from Western saying their applications are ready to be reviewed. Have you received anything like that?

I think USC and Western have two more interview sessions coming up so don't lose hope! I'd say contact the schools if you haven't heard anything.

About the Ads

I have recieved a letter from UOP stating that all my classw are complete. Also USC said that all my classes are complete. Also Western said all my classes are complete and ready for review. I turn in most of my application around October -November. I do not know what this mean since it has been 5 months now and my file is still uder reveiw? I am getting so nervous, and I do not know what to think about my situation?:oops: :oops:

ilovepharm

:sulindac is super cool:
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 25, 2006
SoCal
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacist
If it makes you feel better, I haven't heard from ANY CA schools....:( besides the generic "You're ready for review" letters. Does anyone know if they've already filled up all the interview spots for Western's Feb 24th interview??

Farmercyst

From the shadows
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Sep 21, 2006
The bottom of a pile of debt.
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacist
I am getting worried because I applied to five schools in California and I have not heard from three of these school, what does this mean?????????
1) USC
2)UOP
3)Western
I need some advise being that this is my first time applying to pharmacy school. I do not know how the process work.:(

I just got my updated "Lacking" list from USC today and the Financial Aid for request in the mail, but I still haven't heard about interviews yet. I also haven't heard from LLU. I did interview at Western on 1/27, but I'm still waiting for the "great and terrible day".

ilovepharm

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 25, 2006
SoCal
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacist
If you haven't already, make sure you check your status online for LLU. I barely checked like 2 weeks ago and it ends up that they hadn't "received" any of my transcripts. When I called them, they told me that sometimes, if you sent your transcripts before you submitted the actual application, your transcript can stay in limbo land. Most people should be okay, but for me, my transcripts were still in the general admissions office so they thought I didn't send them in yet. :confused:

eddavatar

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 30, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacy Student
I just got my updated "Lacking" list from USC today and the Financial Aid for request in the mail, but I still haven't heard about interviews yet. I also haven't heard from LLU. I did interview at Western on 1/27, but I'm still waiting for the "great and terrible day".

There's still 4th round for USC. No worries.

terse

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Oct 27, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacist
ilovepharm and ilia... what were your stats?

crystalpink

Bunny lover
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 19, 2006
California
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
Don't worry. I haven't heard from USC and LLU, too.
I turned in my complete application in December.
<.<
>.>

nojobnyc

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 25, 2004
Status (Visible)
If you haven't already, make sure you check your status online for LLU. I barely checked like 2 weeks ago and it ends up that they hadn't "received" any of my transcripts. When I called them, they told me that sometimes, if you sent your transcripts before you submitted the actual application, your transcript can stay in limbo land. Most people should be okay, but for me, my transcripts were still in the general admissions office so they thought I didn't send them in yet. :confused:

I had the same thing happen to me! Did they ever find the transcripts? I had to talk to the admissions person and have her look in the miscellaneous file and after around 10 minutes she found them! Make sure you tell them to look! Otherwise they'll never get to review your app, or at least delay its review even further!

Everything in my status says "received" but still no word from LLU yet.

I'm also in the same boat as many of you. However, I know a few people that have received notice from Western stating that they are being placed on a waiting list for later review for a possible interview. I've just received the generic "your application is ready for review" confirmations. I hope that this is a good sign! Waiting by the mailbox is killing me!

ilovepharm

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 25, 2006
SoCal
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacist
I had the same thing happen to me! Did they ever find the transcripts? I had to talk to the admissions person and have her look in the miscellaneous file and after around 10 minutes she found them! Make sure you tell them to look! Otherwise they'll never get to review your app, or at least delay its review even further!

Everything in my status says "received" but still no word from LLU yet.

I'm also in the same boat as many of you. However, I know a few people that have received notice from Western stating that they are being placed on a waiting list for later review for a possible interview. I've just received the generic "your application is ready for review" confirmations. I hope that this is a good sign! Waiting by the mailbox is killing me!

Yea, they did find it right away. It just kinda sucks, because it'll take longer for me to hear from them since my application's barely ready for review. Boo...... Let's have hope!

About the Ads

ilovepharm

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 25, 2006
SoCal
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacist
terse,

My stats:

B.S. Biology Minor Chem
Cum Gpa: 3.57
Science Gpa: 3.47
VA Outpatient Pharmacy: 350+hrs
Clinical Care Extender Intern-Hospital experience: 120+hrs
Friendly Visitor for Council on Aging: 15+hrs
Mentor for a Day: 8hrs

ilovepharm

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 25, 2006
SoCal
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacist
Unfortunately, the hospital I'm at doesn't have a pharm rotation, but you still gain alot of hospital experience. It forced me to face my fear of blood (hehe) and to get a better picture of how health professionals work together, how hospitals work. You really need to be assertive or else you'll end up standing there doing call lights, which suck. I've spoken to some doctors, nurses, PTs, OTs, and of course, lots of patients. I feel it's important to have experience in non-pharmacy things too, so you can tell yourself (and interviewers!) that you've truly done your share of exploring before choosing pharmacy. Overall, it's a good program, and it IS 240ish hrs. I'm still in the middle of mine.

creestoL

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 23, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Post Doc
CCE-ers.. are you guys all from UCI? i was in CCE too :)

ilovepharm

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 25, 2006
SoCal
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacist
Nopes! I'm from CSULongBeach. I go to the one at St. Mary Medical Center--the melting pot.....I believe most ppl from UCI go to Hoag, right?

creestoL

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 23, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Post Doc
o yah.. i forgot that the CCE program was not just limited to Hoag hospital. hehe.. thats irvine for ya.. we live in a bubble :p

JYim

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 23, 2005
Chino Hills, California
www.myspace.com
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
o yah.. i forgot that the CCE program was not just limited to Hoag hospital. hehe.. thats irvine for ya.. we live in a bubble :p

CCE-ers.. are you guys all from UCI? i was in CCE too :)

I do my CCE at QVC! ^^ Wow.. I JUST did my first shift last night, how was it? How was the learning experience? And how did it help when applying for pharm school?

creestoL

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 23, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Post Doc
I do my CCE at QVC! ^^ Wow.. I JUST did my first shift last night, how was it? How was the learning experience? And how did it help when applying for pharm school?

where's QVC? I think the CCE program is great cuz u get to rotate around so many different departments. we didn't have a pharmacy rotation in our hospital though.. but the program does give you alot of interaction with patients and health professionals, which always helps preparing you for any health professional school. i liked being a CCE, but because of all the switching around i didn't really get to develop relationship with a profesional.. plus its more relevant for medical and nursing students. i got pharmacy experience elsewhere. still tho, being a CCE provides a well rounded health experience and any experiences help when applying for pharm school :)

ilovepharm

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 25, 2006
SoCal
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacist
I agree with creestol--you don't really get any pharm experience unless your hospital has a pharm rotation. However, you definitely get a better feel for the health field in general, and I personally believe this could be useful if you're in hospital pharmacy. We don't wanna live in a pharmacy bubble only, right? :D Once in a while, you can see the clinical pharmacist and techs on the basic nursing floors, such as Med-Surge & Telemetry.

smallkitty00

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 18, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
Hi guys,

Does anybody know if Western sent out waitlist letters to people before interivew... I only get the generic 'your application is ready for review' even though I submitted my application since September.

Any thought....

smallkitty00

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 18, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
I called Western U and they said they would notify people either by mail or phone in the next 2-4 weeks.

blumatrix

PharmD bound oldfart
10+ Year Member
Oct 23, 2006
LA, CA
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
i received two letters, a week apart, from Western. one at the end of Jan, and one the first week of Feb, both about how my application is on "Hold" and will be reviewed again in March.

the first letter said the same thing as the second, except the second started off with these scary words... "The first letter sent out to you was in error" :eek:

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.