california programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

gaspass2008

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
how is everyone ranking cali programs? UCSF>stanford>UCLA>>UCSD>> USC>UCD>loma linda>UCI >UCLA-Harbor?? Something like that?
 
I have these
UCLA
other east coast programs
UC Davis
Loma Linda
USC (didn't rank)
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am ranking UCSD>Northwest programs> UCLA>some other programs> Loma Linda

Mostly for geographical reasons, not really based on actual quailty of the programs (except the Northwest programs which I absolutely loved) Ended up canceling Stanford and UCSF because I decided I couldn't go North of LA if I was going to be in California.
 
Today it is

UCSD
Stanford
UCLA
Davis
Cedars
USC

Didn't interview at the others. I rotated but did not interview at UCSF, I would put it 4th if I did. This list is rather dynamic.