CALIFORNIA RESIDENCY ISSUE...helP?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DoggieLover

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey there, I graduated from UC Davis undergrad in Managerial Economics and since then decided to change careers, I had a question regarding California residency requirements:

After graduation I worked for a year in California (been in Cali for at least 6 years already and had full residency status) before moving to Philly to attend a Post Bacc program (the move was only for educational purposes only) for about two years. Now I'm applying to UCD Vet (I just moved back to Cali in June from Philly) and wondering what the heck my residency status is. I've always considered myself a California resident, and even paid Cali state taxes over there, but I need to know for sure what the requirements are for residency so I can be sure to fill out my application right.

i talked to the residency deputy as well as the vet school admissions, but no one can really give me a straight answer. Help??

Members don't see this ad.

Are you registered to vote? This is the only way I know to be sure of residency. If you are registered to vote in Cali and do any voting either in Cali or through absentee ballots, then you would be considered a Cali resident.

I remember registering to vote when I first got my drivers license (about six years ago) but never voted in an election (I know, I know, I'm horrible). When I had to exchange my DL for a Pennsylvania one (for car insurance purposes) I didn't register for Penn voting. When I came back to California I got my old license back and reregistered to vote (I plan on voting on this coming election). So along with the other confusing residency questions that I had, my voter registration history is also jumbled and confusing.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks, that helped a lot . From the looks of the sheet, it seems that I should be a California resident (whew).