California Residency

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

godblessedme

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I'm actually writing for one of my friends who goes to SGU and is currently doing his clinical rotations at Lutheran Medical Center in Brooklyn, New York. He did his surgery core at that hospital and surgery at lutheran is actually a DO program, but all the other programs are MD programs. (i'm really not sure because I go to albert einstein SOM but he asked me if i knew anything about this subject, but i don't so i decided to write on this website since he said he already posted on webmd). But does anyone know if he's going to have a problem applying to california for residency? will california honor his surgery core rotation done at Lutheran even though it is a DO program and not a MD program? I will let him know that I posted.
Thanks,
Posting for a friend

Members don't see this ad.

Good question.

I dunno the answer, but I know DOs can apply to Cali residencies, and most of their rotations were probably done at DO hospitals. I dont know if this is different for FMGs.