California schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fidelio

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How many people apply to pharmacy school? Specifically the ones in California.

I just realized I don't know how much competition there is, or how many people want to do pharmacy.
I know that UCSF has 1200 some applicants, but what about the other schools in the area? Is 1200 the average?

Members don't see this ad.

fidelio said:
How many people apply to pharmacy school? Specifically the ones in California.

I just realized I don't know how much competition there is, or how many people want to do pharmacy.
I know that UCSF has 1200 some applicants, but what about the other schools in the area? Is 1200 the average?

1200 is probably the lowest number compared to all the other schools.

when i went to the uop interview in stockton, they mentioned something like 1700-2000 applicants this year!

Members don't see this ad :)
TrojanAnteater said:
1200 is probably the lowest number compared to all the other schools.

Yea I thought it was kind of low. It seemed like I kind of expected more. Maybe at least 7,000. I don't know why I thought this.

ucsf actually gets more applications. last year they recieved 1700 pharmcas apps but only 1300 completed their supplemental applications. every year, the number of apps grows, i think a number like a 10-20% increase was mentioned but i'm not sure.

i think loma linda has 1500 this year, and they only accept 65 students.

tomrocks said:
ucsf actually gets more applications. last year they recieved 1700 pharmcas apps but only 1300 completed their supplemental applications. every year, the number of apps grows, i think a number like a 10-20% increase was mentioned but i'm not sure.

Yea it's getting up there. I guess I thought it would be higher because people make it sound very very competitive. I think this has to do with my parents since they've been saying if I applied next year, I wouldn't be able to get into any school cause it just got THAT much more competitive.

I didn't believe them, but I guess I did subconsciously.