Call for Pre-dental/med students-Which school would you go for!

• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

• How To ACE Your Medical School Interview

In this webinar hosted by SDN with experts from BeMo Academic Consulting, you will learn a simple five-step process to help you translate your interview invitation into an acceptance.

arvininfinity

Oct 27, 2011
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
So here is the list of unis that I have in mind
Was looking for some input from pre med/dental who went to uni below

1. In terms of difficulty to get a high GPA-competition
  2. preparation for pre med/dent -good advisors
  3. Prestigious-Ranking : dont care

• Rochester
  • Stony Brook
  • Suny Geneseo

• OWU

• Cals-cornell

• UW Tacoma

• UDM
  • U of california,merced

EDIT: so I did a bit more of research and managed to narrow it down a bit more

Last edited:

Drrrrrr. Celty

Osteo Dullahan
10+ Year Member
Nov 10, 2009
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Let's try this another way, spread those into a list like this

Rochester

Stoney Brooke

Etc

And tell us relevant information such as monetary data.

Generally speaking I would go to Rochester as it is a good school with plenty of unique programs and relatively decent grade inflation. However if you need to pay sticker price then I would recommend somewhere else.

About the Ads

arvininfinity

Oct 27, 2011
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
Let's try this another way, spread those into a list like this

Rochester

Stoney Brooke

Etc

And tell us relevant information such as monetary data.

Generally speaking I would go to Rochester as it is a good school with plenty of unique programs and relatively decent grade inflation. However if you need to pay sticker price then I would recommend somewhere else.

Amaaazing..!
I heard good stuff about Rochester too
Emm the money is not an issue. not that am rich but its loan so ...:rolleyes:

oh okk
(am not from US so dunno where they are off top of my head-) but did change the order :)

Last edited:

Drrrrrr. Celty

Osteo Dullahan
10+ Year Member
Nov 10, 2009
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Amaaazing..!
I heard good stuff about Rochester too
Emm the money is not an issue. not that am rich but its loan so ...:rolleyes:

oh okk
(am not from US so dunno where they are off top of my head-) but did change the order :)

And you want to minimize your loans, you're going to be going into plenty of debt through dental school and other things. But yes, I generally would say go to Rochester as that was my number 1 school, however that being said I went to my state school to graduate with 0 debt.

arvininfinity

Oct 27, 2011
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
Emm..anyone willing to share their experience in those schools so I can narrow down my list to 5 schools!!!

Drrrrrr. Celty

Osteo Dullahan
10+ Year Member
Nov 10, 2009
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Wonder which degree you did! also what made you choose rochester from you other choices

I liked Rochester as it had a neuroscience program and was basically gorgeous. But at 50k a year v.s 8k a year at my state school ( I easily paid it off to get 0 debt), I couldn't not go to my state school. Also I did my degree in Psychology with a scholastic concentration on Behavioral-Cognitive Neuroscience.

Oracle DMD

Chuck NOracle DMD
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Jul 29, 2008
San Diego
Status (Visible)
  1. Dentist
Go where ever you can see yourself being happy for 4-5 years. Honestly, as long as you get good grades you'll be fine. There may be some benefit to going to a school that has a dental school associated with it, but it shouldn't be a big factor. Try to not pay 20k+/year for a undergrad degree that you'll never use other than to get into dental school.

arvininfinity

Oct 27, 2011
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
Go where ever you can see yourself being happy for 4-5 years. Honestly, as long as you get good grades you'll be fine. Try to not pay 20k+/year for a undergrad degree that you'll never use other than to get into dental school.

So if you were to chose between those..which one would it be!

-not sure if being happy is to do with where you study-

There may be some benefit to going to a school that has a dental school associated with it, but it shouldn't be a big factor.

Yh true dat

but some schools just never had anyone pursuing dentistry-which is a bit worrying so thats why I was asking if people share their experiences

About the Ads
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.