Call for Pre-dental/med students-Which school would you go for!

arvininfinity

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So here is the list of unis that I have in mind
Was looking for some input from pre med/dental who went to uni below

1. In terms of difficulty to get a high GPA-competition
  2. preparation for pre med/dent -good advisors
  3. Prestigious-Ranking : dont care

• Rochester
  • Stony Brook
  • Suny Geneseo

• OWU

• Cals-cornell

• UW Tacoma

• UDM
  • U of california,merced

EDIT: so I did a bit more of research and managed to narrow it down a bit more

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Let's try this another way, spread those into a list like this

Rochester

Stoney Brooke

Etc

And tell us relevant information such as monetary data.

Generally speaking I would go to Rochester as it is a good school with plenty of unique programs and relatively decent grade inflation. However if you need to pay sticker price then I would recommend somewhere else.

Members don't see this ad :)
Let's try this another way, spread those into a list like this

Rochester

Stoney Brooke

Etc

And tell us relevant information such as monetary data.

Generally speaking I would go to Rochester as it is a good school with plenty of unique programs and relatively decent grade inflation. However if you need to pay sticker price then I would recommend somewhere else.

Amaaazing..!
I heard good stuff about Rochester too
Emm the money is not an issue. not that am rich but its loan so ...:rolleyes:

oh okk
(am not from US so dunno where they are off top of my head-) but did change the order :)

Last edited:
Amaaazing..!
I heard good stuff about Rochester too
Emm the money is not an issue. not that am rich but its loan so ...:rolleyes:

oh okk
(am not from US so dunno where they are off top of my head-) but did change the order :)

And you want to minimize your loans, you're going to be going into plenty of debt through dental school and other things. But yes, I generally would say go to Rochester as that was my number 1 school, however that being said I went to my state school to graduate with 0 debt.

Wonder which degree you did! also what made you choose rochester from you other choices

Emm..anyone willing to share their experience in those schools so I can narrow down my list to 5 schools!!!

Wonder which degree you did! also what made you choose rochester from you other choices

I liked Rochester as it had a neuroscience program and was basically gorgeous. But at 50k a year v.s 8k a year at my state school ( I easily paid it off to get 0 debt), I couldn't not go to my state school. Also I did my degree in Psychology with a scholastic concentration on Behavioral-Cognitive Neuroscience.

Go where ever you can see yourself being happy for 4-5 years. Honestly, as long as you get good grades you'll be fine. There may be some benefit to going to a school that has a dental school associated with it, but it shouldn't be a big factor. Try to not pay 20k+/year for a undergrad degree that you'll never use other than to get into dental school.

Go where ever you can see yourself being happy for 4-5 years. Honestly, as long as you get good grades you'll be fine. Try to not pay 20k+/year for a undergrad degree that you'll never use other than to get into dental school.

So if you were to chose between those..which one would it be!

-not sure if being happy is to do with where you study-

There may be some benefit to going to a school that has a dental school associated with it, but it shouldn't be a big factor.

Yh true dat

but some schools just never had anyone pursuing dentistry-which is a bit worrying so thats why I was asking if people share their experiences