Call From Nova Today

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shane.

Get ya' hair did.
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

So I've been waitlisted for Nova since my interview in December and I've called Su Anne (Nova's admissions director) a number of times since then for updates on waitlist movement. I haven't called in over a month and today I missed a call while in class from Su Anne.

My obvious question after receiving the call was its purpose. Admissions wouldn't call to offer insight on my application and where I might make improvements if I decide to apply again would they? Has anyone else experienced this from Nova? I find this possibility suspect because I don't feel I have any special kind of relationship with Su Anne that she would give me special attention. Would I ever go nuts if it was.. well you know what..

Take it easy.

Members don't see this ad.

maybe they are offering a spot
did you call her back?

Members don't see this ad :)
this post made me laugh

suture phone firmly to hip....

Hey everyone,

So I've been waitlisted for Nova since my interview in December and I've called Su Anne (Nova's admissions director) a number of times since then for updates on waitlist movement. I haven't called in over a month and today I missed a call while in class from Su Anne.

My obvious question after receiving the call was its purpose. Admissions wouldn't call to offer insight on my application and where I might make improvements if I decide to apply again would they? Has anyone else experienced this from Nova? I find this possibility suspect because I don't feel I have any special kind of relationship with Su Anne that she would give me special attention. Would I ever go nuts if it was.. well you know what..

Take it easy.
Sounds like good news to me... Congrats big guy!

You sure you want to go to Nova, I have heard a lot of negative things about them especially from the students. I know you are going to say that every school has its pros and cons, but a Teacher there told my Father I shouldn't even apply but should go somewhere else.

You sure you want to go to Nova, I have heard a lot of negative things about them especially from the students. I know you are going to say that every school has its pros and cons, but a Teacher there told my Father I shouldn't even apply but should go somewhere else.

some say things are bad at Nova, but i liked it when i went. plus a "bad school" is better than no school. If this is his only acceptance, if that is what the call turns out to be, he should def go.

some say things are bad at Nova, but i liked it when i went. plus a "bad school" is better than no school. If this is his only acceptance, if that is what the call turns out to be, he should def go.

You are completely right. I would do the same. Just wanting to see what others responses were to the Nova program.

Most likely it was calling to offer you a spot. I received a similar call but I declined. Good luck!

You are completely right. I would do the same. Just wanting to see what others responses were to the Nova program.

the only complaint i have heard of was difficulty getting a chair...for class and clinic. They told us that a new clinic opened recently should alleviate the problem, but that is all i heard from students there.

to the op....call back soon :D

I would think it's an acceptance.
There are some students that don't like it there, but you will get that with any school -- if you watch the forums, I'm sure you noticed!
Personally, I would take the acceptance... and congratulations :):thumbup: