SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Call From Nova Today

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by shane., May 7, 2008.

1. shane.

shane. Get ya' hair did. 2+ Year Member

Sep 10, 2006
    Hey everyone,

So I've been waitlisted for Nova since my interview in December and I've called Su Anne (Nova's admissions director) a number of times since then for updates on waitlist movement. I haven't called in over a month and today I missed a call while in class from Su Anne.

My obvious question after receiving the call was its purpose. Admissions wouldn't call to offer insight on my application and where I might make improvements if I decide to apply again would they? Has anyone else experienced this from Nova? I find this possibility suspect because I don't feel I have any special kind of relationship with Su Anne that she would give me special attention. Would I ever go nuts if it was.. well you know what..

Take it easy.
  2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. BioMaxDDS

BioMaxDDS It will come true 5+ Year Member

Jul 29, 2006
    maybe they are offering a spot
    did you call her back?
  4. Hysteria24

Hysteria24 1K Member 10+ Year Member

Feb 21, 2002
    That would be my guess.
  5. topdent1

topdent1 2+ Year Member

Aug 6, 2007
    this post made me laugh
  6. Master Pain

Master Pain 2+ Year Member

Feb 25, 2008
    suture phone firmly to hip....
  7. airsimon

airsimon 5+ Year Member

Feb 2, 2007
    Sounds like good news to me... Congrats big guy!
  8. MonchichiMan

MonchichiMan 5+ Year Member

Feb 9, 2008
    You sure you want to go to Nova, I have heard a lot of negative things about them especially from the students. I know you are going to say that every school has its pros and cons, but a Teacher there told my Father I shouldn't even apply but should go somewhere else.
  9. musl85

musl85 10+ Year Member

Aug 13, 2007
    some say things are bad at Nova, but i liked it when i went. plus a "bad school" is better than no school. If this is his only acceptance, if that is what the call turns out to be, he should def go.
  10. MonchichiMan

MonchichiMan 5+ Year Member

Feb 9, 2008

You are completely right. I would do the same. Just wanting to see what others responses were to the Nova program.
  11. keving

keving New Member 2+ Year Member

Apr 14, 2006
    Most likely it was calling to offer you a spot. I received a similar call but I declined. Good luck!
  12. musl85

musl85 10+ Year Member

Aug 13, 2007
    the only complaint i have heard of was difficulty getting a chair...for class and clinic. They told us that a new clinic opened recently should alleviate the problem, but that is all i heard from students there.

to the back soon :D
  13. La Dentista

La Dentista 2+ Year Member

Apr 6, 2008
    I would think it's an acceptance.
    There are some students that don't like it there, but you will get that with any school -- if you watch the forums, I'm sure you noticed!
    Personally, I would take the acceptance... and congratulations :):thumbup: