Call or email schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SeriousPreDent

5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've applied to several schools and have gotten rejected by ones that I thought I were a long shot anyways....but I haven't heard much from schools that I think i have a shot of getting into....so I want to call or email but last time I called some schools said they don't do the status thing and to wait for a letter and bla bla bla.... so when i call or email what should i say? thanks for the help

Members don't see this ad.

Giving them a call is the fastest way to get an answer, but emailing is probably the least awkward way.

Just tell them you applied to their school and you haven't heard anything and you would like to check your status, and make sure your file is complete.

SeriousPreDent said:
I've applied to several schools and have gotten rejected by ones that I thought I were a long shot anyways....but I haven't heard much from schools that I think i have a shot of getting into....so I want to call or email but last time I called some schools said they don't do the status thing and to wait for a letter and bla bla bla.... so when i call or email what should i say? thanks for the help

SeriousPreDent said:
You have to be persistent but pleasant. I would just call and say that my application has been complete for awhile and I just want to check on the status of my application.

Members don't see this ad :)
SeriousPreDent said:

You have to call and be firm and really persistent. The person who picks up the phone may not give you any helpful info and may in fact say that you can not check your status by phone. Call the office of the dean if necessary. It worked for me.

I have sent emails to my schools and pretty much gotten the answers i needed....

May I ask which schools it was that gave you a definite answer over the phone/email?

I called UW asking about my status, as I hadn't heard from them in a while. They just went ahead and scheduled my interview right there on the phone. So, it could easily be worth your while to call 'em up and ask.