Call or wait for letter???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mcshow2

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am not sure if there had been other posts like this one, but it is NOV 30 and I don't really have the patience to look.

My question is this, are you guys going to wait a couple days for letters of acceptence (or denial), or are you going to call your top schools on dec 1?

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

mcshow2 said:
I am not sure if there had been other posts like this one, but it is NOV 30 and I don't really have the patience to look.

My question is this, are you guys going to wait a couple days for letters of acceptence (or denial), or are you going to call your top schools on dec 1?

Thanks.

I would try to be patient and not call if I were you. Another few days is not a lot of time.

SunnyDay said:
I would try to be patient and not call if I were you. Another few days is not a lot of time.

Good point. Easier said than done for me,

a few days= a few years!!!!!!!!!! :scared:

Members don't see this ad :)
I think I read in some other thread that they only mail it to your permanent address??

I really wanna call them :\

i say you call and then wait for the letter. makes the waiting so much easier.

I will wait for a letter. If I don't get one, there's no reason to bug the people that might decide whether or not I will be admitted later in the cycle. Patience is a virtue...

I think most schools tell you (on the recorded message or when they talk to you) that they cannot tell you the status of your application (if you got in or not) over the phone.

From what I've picked up, Louisville emails everyone at midnight. UPitt told us that they call everyone on the 1st. That's all I know about specific schools. I know it's not much, but it's something. Otherwise, I plan on waiting a week and then calling.

mcshow2 said:

Thanks.

I think it depends on the school. For instance, Buffalo's website should update at midnight with each applicants status. And Indiana and Nova told their interviewees to call on or after the first if you didn't want to wait for a letter. Good Luck :luck: :luck:

Go ahead and call. It's not like you'll be the first to do so (it's the nature of the beast, afterall) and, besides, you have waited long enough. :thumbup:

WDforty said:
I think it depends on the school. For instance, Buffalo's website should update at midnight with each applicants status. And Indiana and Nova told their interviewees to call on or after the first if you didn't want to wait for a letter. Good Luck :luck: :luck:
So Nova said they don't mind the call?

cowsgomoo said:
So Nova said they don't mind the call?
they said they prefer you not call when I checked with them.

howui3 said:
I think most schools tell you (on the recorded message or when they talk to you) that they cannot tell you the status of your application (if you got in or not) over the phone.

This is what we were told at Columbia. Dr. McManus said its because they have no way to know for sure if they are really in fact talking to you, and not somebody else.

nrlee said:
This is what we were told at Columbia. Dr. McManus said its because they have no way to know for sure if they are really in fact talking to you, and not somebody else.

what does that mean? can't you verifiy information on your application (such as your SSN)? i mean, this is how we talk to credit card companies about our accounts right?...

hey...just relax...it's time for a SEXY PARTY!

nrlee said:

I vaguely remember Dr. McManus saying something about calling or not calling.... I'm glad you wrote that because I was prepared to call them up tomorrow!

Can anyone tell me about Nova or Maryland? I'm dying to find out and I'd planned on calling all 3 schools tomorrow :oops:

Good Luck everyone :luck: