Call pay advise

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

xavier2000

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What would be reasonable call rate for inpatient 10-12 bed unit for:

a) Weekday night (ie Tue 5p - Wed 8a)
b) Weekend (ie Fri 8p - Mon 8a)
c) Holiday (ie Thanksgiving)

This would be for phone call only. I am separately and adequately compensated for daily rounding so am looking for good rate to be at their beck and call. I am not so worried about the effort of going in if having to, just for the handling and answering of calls/admits/orders and especially being captive in the area on the weekend and not being able to go anywhere.

My idea is $250-500 for weeknight calls, $2000-3000 for the weekend, $1000-1500 holiday.

For rounding, I will separately get $175-300 for each new admit and $100-150 for subsequent patients.

Thanks in advance for the insight.

Members don't see this ad.

If you're also dealing with ED triage, outlying hospitals trying to transfer people in, and the psych unit $500 sounds good. If it's just the psych unit for sleeping prn's etc, I would be ok with less.

I would imagine weeknight calls would be minimal. At worst one admit from outside facility for admit and some sleep prn. I imagine weekend would be more busy.