Called NYU today.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kkim85

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I had an interview on March 19th and after seeing people getting acceptance letters, I decide to call the school. The guy told me that something was sent to my home address but he didn't tell me any details. I asked him whether he knows the decision made on my application and he said yes but he didn't specify it.... But I have a feeling that I got rejected because his voice was not very convincing...I'm not a psychologist but you know I could just tell by his voice..........................I'm sad now...:(

Members don't see this ad.

They're not allowed to inform about the decisions. Perhaps his voice reflected his annoyance of being called frequently by applicants asking the same question! hah. Keep your head up, and hope for the best!

Members don't see this ad :)
I had an interview on March 19th and after seeing people getting acceptance letters, I decide to call the school. The guy told me that something was sent to my home address but he didn't tell me any details. I asked him whether he knows the decision made on my application and he said yes but he didn't specify it.... But I have a feeling that I got rejected because his voice was not very convincing...I'm not a psychologist but you know I could just tell by his voice..........................I'm sad now...:(

Kkim85 do you mind sharing your stats? or you could pm me?

Mine took longer than other ppls who were accepted, and I was waitlisted :eek:

My stats are
19/19/20 AA/TS/PA

sGPA: 3.72
cGPA: 3.73
oGPA: 3.7

dont worry, i was interviewed march 16th, and just got my acceptance letter yesterday, it was 13 days after, i called before and they told me the same thing, they cant give any information regarding the decision over the phone. dont be sad! good luck!:xf:

keep us posted and let us know what the letter says!!!!

kkim85, did u get anything in the mail today? i interviewed on march 19th & got my letter today (i'm in the US). waitlisted. but compared to ur gpa, i see y i was now. :laugh:. i'm sure u'll be getting an acceptance any day now. :).

My home is in Toronto and My school is in London.. I gotta call my parents today and see If they recieved any mail...

Wow... what should I do now?

waitlist will start to move around mid-april i believe..if you don't crack it apply earlier next year and u should be fine

what?!?! that's surprising... i heard u should k.i.t. w/ admissions & dr. mejia. keep them updated w/ what u're doing via e-mail/phone. just stay in contact w/ them because they wanna know u're still interested. GL.

Members don't see this ad :)
My stats are
19/19/20 AA/TS/PA

sGPA: 3.72
cGPA: 3.73
oGPA: 3.7

When did you apply? With those stats, there's no reason that you shouldn't have been accepted if you applied on time. I'm assuming since you just got the interview that it was a late acceptance and I'm sure that if your application was completed in June you would have an acceptance right now.

My home is in Toronto and My school is in London.. I gotta call my parents today and see If they recieved any mail...

relax
I highly doubt that it's a rejection letter.
wait and just do your thing at school. It's hard but worrying about it so much does not do any good. Just believe that you got it.

on the side note
at UWO? :)
I went to UWO too at Case now.
good luck :D

10 character

Last edited:
10 character

Last edited:
are there seriously 3 UWO students that have replied to this post? I am wondering if I know either of you. I haven't heard from NYU yet, and I interviewed on the 18th, so I just keeeeeep on waiting. Is NYU you're top choice?

I hate to sound arrogant or cocky but...why do so few people have 4.0's. I have seen so few on this entire board but I know a lot of people that have 80 plus here at western. Is school harder in the states? With a bit of work an 80 isn't that hard to get at western and yet students on this forum who have 98th percentile dats only have 3.5-3.8's usually. These people are clearly very intelligent...is school that much tougher in the states slash do they give us that big a break if we're from the north?
Thanks!

In many cases an A is 90+ in the States, so getting a 4.0 is considerably more difficult. I'm guessing Canadian schools have some kind of grade inflation?

denty, gpa does not mean much. I had a 3.3 at uwo maybe a bit lower but i got 21aa on my american dat and 23aa on my cdn dat. Uwo is not an easy school, esp if you take med sci courses. Gpa is subjective since many can take easy courses and gpa is also very much effort based.

10 character

Last edited:
denty, gpa does not mean much. I had a 3.3 at uwo maybe a bit lower but i got 21aa on my american dat and 23aa on my cdn dat. Uwo is not an easy school, esp if you take med sci courses. Gpa is subjective since many can take easy courses and gpa is also very much effort based.

i was in physio
our courses/class averages were along 80s
312 313 314 etc plus the 400 courses

I guess UWO knows we party too much but/and they're trying to get us somewhereee.

go mustangs :D

In many cases an A is 90+ in the States, so getting a 4.0 is considerably more difficult. I'm guessing Canadian schools have some kind of grade inflation?

can't speak for UWO but not likely for the large schools (ie UoT, UoA, McGill, UBC)

i was in physio
our courses/class averages were along 80s
312 313 314 etc plus the 400 courses

I guess UWO knows we party too much but/and they're trying to get us somewhereee.

go mustangs :D

haha if only it were that easy! 312 usually has mid 70s, and most of the med scis are around there too, but keep in mind, most ppl that get to med sci modules are very bright to begin with, they weed em out in the early years. most first and 2nd yr classes have 65 avgs, and you need an 80+ avg to get into the med sci modules, so you're already amongst some great company.

can't speak for UWO but not likely for the large schools (ie UoT, UoA, McGill, UBC)

uwo doesnt have grade inflation. the only classes that have such high averages are the 3rd and 4th yr med sci courses, again, because you need low 80s to even get into those modules from your first two years.

I hate to sound arrogant or cocky but...why do so few people have 4.0's. I have seen so few on this entire board but I know a lot of people that have 80 plus here at western. Is school harder in the states? With a bit of work an 80 isn't that hard to get at western and yet students on this forum who have 98th percentile dats only have 3.5-3.8's usually. These people are clearly very intelligent...is school that much tougher in the states slash do they give us that big a break if we're from the north?
Thanks!

A 4.0 is an 85+ at UofT. Not many people get 4.0's, no matter where you go. The average in almost all of the courses is a C to C+ in life sciences. In the states, msot schools have 4.0 corresponding to 90+ which is also an A. However, once you are at 89, it is a B which corresponds to a 3.3. However, at some schools I have seen the average being at high 70 low 80.

At the end of the day, it really depends on the school you go to. Some are easier than others, as with in the States.

uwo doesnt have grade inflation. the only classes that have such high averages are the 3rd and 4th yr med sci courses, again, because you need low 80s to even get into those modules from your first two years.

from my year i remember it being 86-7+ to get into physiology module for 4th year
:oops:
or i was informed with wrong data
hahaha

who cares

we're in dental school

Hey guys, i was wondering what loasn you were able to secure as canadians. so far i have only found RBC's loan, but that isnt sufficient. any help?

I think 200,000 is how much bank is willing to lend you
You can also look into government student loan
however, that would still not give you enough
The rest have to come from your family or somewhere...