Calling About Waitlist Status

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Oink

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm waitlisted at a few schools and I was wondering if it looks bad to ask if there were any updates to my status. The reason I want to ask is because my contact information changed and I wanted to know if there were any updates on my waitlist status during the time I was updating my contact information with the schools. I know on some school websites says not to ask about waitlist status, but I'm wondering if this is a legitimate reason to ask about my status.

Members don't see this ad.

That's a valid reason to contact them. If anything, some schools like it when their applicants contact them individually about application status. It shows they are more interested in their program.

I'm waitlisted at a few schools and I was wondering if it looks bad to ask if there were any updates to my status. The reason I want to ask is because my contact information changed and I wanted to know if there were any updates on my waitlist status during the time I was updating my contact information with the schools. I know on some school websites says not to ask about waitlist status, but I'm wondering if this is a legitimate reason to ask about my status.

As long as you aren't calling every couple days, it's 100% legitimate to say, "I'm calling regarding my status because I really want to get into this school." Actually it shows how much you care about going if you think about it.