Calling all Biology buffs!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

USArmyDoc

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have improved my Biological science section a great deal. I was one question away from scoring an 11 on AAMC 7. Any ideas about what I could do to try and squeeze 5 more questions out of me?

Members don't see this ad.

Hmm with the time remaining, if your not burnt out like i am then review for 12hours a day. I just cant do that anymore, my brain is fried and it keeps wandering. To get 5 more questions my guess would be to get 2-3 more questions by reading some details in the passages you might have not seen the first time. For example, I got a question wrong the other day it was on a rate law problem, something with acetone and something else. Apparently right above the table it said one of the reactants was zero order. Yea, im the idiot who didnt see that. You can get a few points just be paying closer attention to details. Other then that you can probably earn yourself a 2-3 more points by just reviewing details. Like on the free standing questions, or questions that dont have to do with the passage. Incorporating outside details can always get you a few quick points.

No actual biology studying is probably going to yield more right unless you flat out don't know the answers or anything about the topic.

Most likely as the person above said is to pay attention to details and maybe read the passage more slowly or carefully. Unless it is discretes. If you are consistently missing discretes then go over the bio section of a prep book again.

The majority of the questions I got wrong were in the passages and most likely, if I read more carefully, could of been answered correctly. With that being said, that will happen on every test you ever take. Also, I find I get rusty if I do not do passages for a while on a subject. I am thinking of doing 5 passages of BS and 5 passages of PS the day before the test. Nothing grueling, just something to get my head going in the MCAT mode.