Calling all Georgetown SMP alumni

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hass1786

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I think the big problem is that SMP alums no longer check the pre med boards, Im a current SMPer which means I cant really anwser your question.

Members don't see this ad :)
what's your question? i finished smp this past year. fire away.

Hey I have a question pertaining to the amout of SMPer that got accepted to medical school in your class?

Statisticly (according to the program and told to us at registration) 50% of us get accepted the same year we do the program and 80% of us eventually get accpeted.

How hard is it to get into Georgetown SMP? Does anyone know where to find the admissions statistics? Also, what do they look for in an applicant?

erv4905 said:
How hard is it to get into Georgetown SMP? Does anyone know where to find the admissions statistics? Also, what do they look for in an applicant?

The website is http://smp.georgetown.edu/

I think last year they received about 800 applications for 159 spots, I'm not sure how many they had to accept to fill that though. The key is to apply early (you can apply as early as January), because it is rolling admissions.

Their cutoffs are a 3.0 GPA and a 27 MCAT, but those aren't absolutely set in stone. The class this year has an overall average of a 3.3 and a 30.