Calling all MCPHU December Interviewees!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

barb

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I interviewed in early December and have not heard a peep from MCPHU since. They told us it could take up to 8 weeks but I was curious to see if anyone found anything (good or bad) out yet. I'm wondering if I screwed myself up by not sending a thank you card to my student interviewer (I did e-mail her a thank you, though, because she gave me her e-mail address).

Members don't see this ad.

barb, i don't think the card influenced the decision on your rejection.

i'm kidding, it's still early man..8 weeks means 8x7 days. you haven't waited that many days yet....
but seriously, that email could get your rejected promptly unless you send a card with your handwriting on it. they value that sort of commitment.

I also interviewed early december and haven't heard. Adn several of the other people on this board (ssd, lily2, I think and some more) are in the same boat. Not sending a thank you to your student interviewer is probably not an issue. My student interviewer said the student's eval is basically meaningless (no matter what Lisa said in her presentation). If you carried out a decent conversation with him/her than that's all you had to do. I think that they are just really behind with decisions right now and especially for us, people who interviewed before the holiday season. Someone on this board (Barin I think) posted that it took 10-11 weeks for him to hear and he interviewed in October.So just sit tight, and relax. If I do hear anything soon, I 'll let you know. Please do the same! --S

Members don't see this ad :)
you guys like MCP huh? what did you most like about MCPHU? because they offer a lecture based curriculum and a PBL based curriculum, i was wondering how successful that is for them.

Have only had 4 interviews so far (and was wait-listed at one school) so it's one of my top three at this point. It's not that I don't like other schools better, it's just that I haven't interviewed (or been offered interviews) at them. Facilities are nice, locn is nice (if you like the city), students seem friendly and down to earth. They offer both PBL and traditional programs. The PBL has been successful except for this past year, and they blame it on selection (ie the worst students chose PbL so they did poorly on the boards). I'm more interested in a traditional curriculum anyway though. I'm just anxious for a decision from them because I want to be accepted...anywhere...get my drift?

I interviewed 11/27 and called yesterday to check my status. I was told that my appl would go before the committee next week, so if you interviewed in December then it will probably be later than that.