Calling all UMich students

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Enter The Dojo

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was trying to search for a thread that may give me insight on how life is as a D1 at UMich, but couldn't find anything. So here I am. Input from any dental student is welcome, but I would be very interested in hearing from U of M students.

1. What does a typical day look like for you?
2. How stressed are you, and how much time do you have to pursue your hobbies?
3. How long do you spend per day studying?
4. any advice/tips you may have before starting dental school.
 
biz casual or scrubs even in lecture? Also, what is the toughest class during the first semester? Curious, so I know kinda what to expect...school starts soon..June 29th I think?

you can wear casual clothes in lecture.

Toughest class in the first semester is head and neck anatomy. if you don't pass the course, you will be dropped and join the next class. It is ALOT of material but that's pretty much the only class you need to focus on. So it's actually not that bad. Faculty teaching that course is amazing and will help you succeed. Only about 1 student fail each year.