Calling early for Nova decision

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DCDAWG

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I know that Nova's ADCOM is meeting tonight. Does anyone know if we can call later this week and find out our status? If so, should we ask to speak to Delia? Whats her extension? She was out sick during my interview so she didnt tell us any of this info.

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

if they meet tonite..you will get a phone call either friday or next monday...cant u wait 2-5 days?

Haha thanks...I guess I can wait that long. They told us it would be closer to 2 weeks, which in ADCOM language can mean a lot longer.

Members don't see this ad :)
best of luck..let us all know where you decide on attending

NSU Admissions is very bad at picking up the phone, calling back or email. I know because I had to deal with it. Best to wait until they call and if you are not there when they call they will not give a message to anyone. And best of luck when you call back if someone answers the phone! Usually you will get no one on the phone! Leave a message and hang around the phone. WEB Star is a joke! Someone needs to get NSU admissions act together. Creates a bad name for the school. Beyond the admissions department NSU is a good school. I am going there.

babloo said:
NSU Admissions is very bad at picking up the phone, calling back or email. I know because I had to deal with it. Best to wait until they call and if you are not there when they call they will not give a message to anyone. And best of luck when you call back if someone answers the phone! Usually you will get no one on the phone! Leave a message and hang around the phone. WEB Star is a joke! Someone needs to get NSU admissions act together. Creates a bad name for the school. Beyond the admissions department NSU is a good school. I am going there.

hehehe, Well put!

Still, no one's experience with NSU admission can be worse than mine... For what it worth though, the school is awesome and I am too, is going there.

my web star thing says "Decision: Accepted"
Does this mean I am accepted or that my application was accepted after it was submitted?

DCDAWG said:
my web star thing says "Decision: Accepted"
Does this mean I am accepted or that my application was accepted after it was submitted?

It means you are accepted. Give it a few days and you will receive a acceptance vis mail with some other information. Hope to see you in the Fall.

Is there a difference between "Accepted" and "provisionally accepted"?

cause mine said Provisionally accepted after i got the phone call.

Okay this is probably a dumb question, but I figured if there's anywhere to ask, then it should be SDN, right? ;)

So, when the adcoms have their meeting is that to decide who gets accepted, or to also decide who gets interviewed? I just wasn't sure if they did it all at once or if they have separate meetings. Thanks!

Mine actually says "Provisionally accepted" also.
Im assuming that just means all transcripts, etc have to be in at the end of the year....
I actually called Gabe and asked about that, and he said that it didnt necessarily mean I was accepted? He may not have known what i was talking about though. I dont know what else that could mean.

As for the previous question about ADCOMS meeting for interviews and acceptances...who knows how they work. I think a lot of schools have subcommittees that meet separately and decide who is qualified for interviews or something similar to that.