calling for pre-interview status?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bananaboat

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi there,

i've noticed that i get the mail from some schools 2-3 weeks after its dated (i'm in canada)

this is kind of annoying, and i'm also worried about getting an interview invite and having less than a week to arrange transportation.

is it okay to call a school like once a week to check the status of your application, in case things are taking their sweet time? or asking them to e-mail you if you get an invite? i obviously don't want them to go out of their way or hinder fairness to all applicants in any way.

finally, does anyone know if Wayne SETS the date for you? or gives you options. i'm worried if i get the mail late, and had to reschedule, it would be really late.

Members don't see this ad.

hi there,

i've noticed that i get the mail from some schools 2-3 weeks after its dated (i'm in canada)

this is kind of annoying, and i'm also worried about getting an interview invite and having less than a week to arrange transportation.

is it okay to call a school like once a week to check the status of your application, in case things are taking their sweet time? or asking them to e-mail you if you get an invite? i obviously don't want them to go out of their way or hinder fairness to all applicants in any way.

finally, does anyone know if Wayne SETS the date for you? or gives you options. i'm worried if i get the mail late, and had to reschedule, it would be really late.

Wayne does set an interview date for you, and they suggest that if you cannot make it, you call them to reschedule.

hi there,

Well, calling can't hurt that much. You certainly don't want to miss an interview invite. Maybe you can ask the school(s) whether they send invites by mail or email. That way, you only have to call once a week to the schools that send stuff by mail.

Yeah, wayne sets the date and send it out via snail mail... and it takes a while for them to get it out.

Once a week might be a little much, but that's your call...

Good luck though!