Calling On Friday?

denticus

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 10, 2007
  1. Dentist
    I've heard from a lot of people saying that they were going to go ahead and just call "their" dental schools on Friday to see if they got in. What do you guys think about that? I was just planning on waiting for them to get to me on Saturday. Thoughts?

About the Ads

bigstix808

Mac Daddy Member
    10+ Year Member
    Oct 10, 2007
    GA
    1. Dentist
      I've heard from a lot of people saying that they were going to go ahead and just call "their" dental schools on Friday to see if they got in. What do you guys think about that? I was just planning on waiting for them to get to me on Saturday. Thoughts?

me personally would want to read the letter. i feel there is a true sense of serenity and catharsis that would come with "waiting for the acceptance letter" that you just can't reach over the phone....but that's just me.:cool:

litldime

D2
      Moderator Emeritus
      10+ Year Member
      5+ Year Member
      Jul 11, 2006
      Texas
      1. Dental Student
        i haven't had any of my schools tell me to call...so i'm not...i'm just going to wait it out....some schools will not tell you any info over the phone as i've read in the past...so rather than be a pest, have some patience...we've waited this long we might as well wait til the end of the day
        -ld

DrSmiles12

10+ Year Member
        Jun 25, 2007
        1. Dental Student
          Why though? Does calling really make a difference? Once they've decided to accept you, you'll be accepted right? Or are you just anxious?

A couple of the schools that I interviewed at said they were going to be a little slow to get the calls out and if we wanted to call there wouldn't be any problem with it. So if they already have decided to accept me I just want to know. Anything wrong with that?

DrSmiles12

10+ Year Member
          Jun 25, 2007
          1. Dental Student
            I guess I should clarify, one of thoses schools specifically(Louisville), said they had server issues last year. They said that delayed getting out the info and so we were welcome to call.

denticus

10+ Year Member
            7+ Year Member
            Jul 10, 2007
            1. Dentist
              A couple of the schools that I interviewed at said they were going to be a little slow to get the calls out and if we wanted to call there wouldn't be any problem with it. So if they already have decided to accept me I just want to know. Anything wrong with that?

No, no problem. Just curious if people were just trying to start a new trend or if it just the result of being anxious is all. Anyway, thanks for the posts guys.

doc toothache

15+ Year Member
              Jan 17, 2006
              1. Dentist
                I am gonna for sure call on friday if I don't hear anything by noon. I have to hear from somebody!

I'm going to call. The schools doenst mind, because I got an email from them earlier this month saying its OK to call.

With 1-4K applicants lets hope the schools have extra lines for the ocasion or, at least, extra operators standing by.

About the Ads
                This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
                2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
                5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
                6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                7. This thread is locked.