Calling On Friday?

Started by denticus
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

denticus

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I've heard from a lot of people saying that they were going to go ahead and just call "their" dental schools on Friday to see if they got in. What do you guys think about that? I was just planning on waiting for them to get to me on Saturday. Thoughts?
 
I'm going to call. The schools doenst mind, because I got an email from them earlier this month saying its OK to call.
 
i'd rather read a letter than hear a person tell me i got rejected hahaha
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am gonna for sure call on friday if I don't hear anything by noon. I have to hear from somebody!
 
I am gonna for sure call on friday if I don't hear anything by noon. I have to hear from somebody!


Why though? Does calling really make a difference? Once they've decided to accept you, you'll be accepted right? Or are you just anxious?
 
I've heard from a lot of people saying that they were going to go ahead and just call "their" dental schools on Friday to see if they got in. What do you guys think about that? I was just planning on waiting for them to get to me on Saturday. Thoughts?

me personally would want to read the letter. i feel there is a true sense of serenity and catharsis that would come with "waiting for the acceptance letter" that you just can't reach over the phone....but that's just me.😎
 
i haven't had any of my schools tell me to call...so i'm not...i'm just going to wait it out....some schools will not tell you any info over the phone as i've read in the past...so rather than be a pest, have some patience...we've waited this long we might as well wait til the end of the day
-ld
 
Why though? Does calling really make a difference? Once they've decided to accept you, you'll be accepted right? Or are you just anxious?

A couple of the schools that I interviewed at said they were going to be a little slow to get the calls out and if we wanted to call there wouldn't be any problem with it. So if they already have decided to accept me I just want to know. Anything wrong with that?
 
I guess I should clarify, one of thoses schools specifically(Louisville), said they had server issues last year. They said that delayed getting out the info and so we were welcome to call.
 
A couple of the schools that I interviewed at said they were going to be a little slow to get the calls out and if we wanted to call there wouldn't be any problem with it. So if they already have decided to accept me I just want to know. Anything wrong with that?

No, no problem. Just curious if people were just trying to start a new trend or if it just the result of being anxious is all. Anyway, thanks for the posts guys.
 
No, no problem. Just curious if people were just trying to start a new trend or if it just the result of being anxious is all. Anyway, thanks for the posts guys.
Also the fact that I have another interview at pitt that I will cancel if I get in. That way someone else has a shot at it.