Calling schools before Dec 1st

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mwsung

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am thinking of calling schools where I was interviewed at before Dec 1st.
maybe at the end of this week or early next week...
asking about their decisions...

what's the most appropriate way of asking?

"Ok.. it's ALMOST Dec 1. Show me what you got."
"yo, tell me. Or, you know the consequences"
"Excuse me sir/ma'am. Would you please REVEAL your secret of the year? I won't tell anyone, but myself?"
"why don't you just spit it out? scan through your list and see if you have my @#$%ing name there. And ,spell it out for me. You are just one step away from my deposit. yes, go on.. don't be shy~~"

any ideas?

Members don't see this ad.

mwsung said:
I am thinking of calling schools where I was interviewed at before Dec 1st.
maybe at the end of this week or early next week...
asking about their decisions...

what's the most appropriate way of asking?

"Ok.. it's ALMOST Dec 1. Show me what you got."
"yo, tell me. Or, you know the consequences"
"Excuse me sir/ma'am. Would you please REVEAL your secret of the year? I won't tell anyone, but myself?"
"why don't you just spit it out? scan through your list and see if you have my @#$%ing name there. And ,spell it out for me. You are just one step away from my deposit. yes, go on.. don't be shy~~"

any ideas?

Hahahaha. You are too funny! I feel your pain! Seriously, I really do. But I think they have all sworn to uphold the "AADSAS code of Ethics" and those that give in and tell probably won't do it in writing anyway, so therefore it doesn't matter till you get that piece of paper in your hands. :laugh: :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
mwsung said:
I am thinking of calling schools where I was interviewed at before Dec 1st...

So you are going to be referred to as that applicant around the admissions office and only make them more secure in their offer of acceptance. Seriously, I am sure there is already a small legion of pesky applicants feverishly working the phone lines trying to beat the 'system' but to no avail. I am sure the more calls that hapless secretary/director of admissions/office victim receives they will only serve to harden that person into not giving a reply. Save your energy and long-distance dollars for December 1st when you call will probably be much more appreciated and better received.

Not really of the capacity to comment, as I won't be applying to d-school until this Spring, but don't you think some dinky comment from a secretary is far less thrilling than an acceptance in the mail or Dec 1 call? I do. Something about waiting until that special day is what makes us even more happier in the end. Think of it as your B-day, or X-mas...or better yet, more important than those "holidays" in that it is a moment of a lifetime, that shouldn't be decided or discovered earlier than fate itself can predict.

Srry I'm a newb, but do all schools announce acceptances on Dec. 1st or what? Whats the big dilly-yo?

I guess calling would be better than the alternative, just showing up at their door on Dec 1st with your deposit in hand shouting "I'm ready to start now!" :D

All schools have an agreement not to send out acceptances to ANYONE before Dec 1st.

Lots of people have applied, and have interviewed, now everyone is just waiting for dec 1st to come to find out if they got accepted in the first round. Dec 1st is the earliest possible date to find out if you have been accepted, but you may not find out until much later (like may).

There is only 7 more days left... You waited so long, why blow it all away with a stupid call?

Go out more often, get the Dec 1st date out of your head for a week... you'd surprised how fast time flies. :oops:

HangOnSloopy said:
I guess calling would be better than the alternative, just showing up at their door on Dec 1st with your deposit in hand shouting "I'm ready to start now!" :D

:laugh:

i can just see some over-eager, misguided fool (like me) doing that.... :D

HangOnSloopy said:

or smashing your bank passbook on the Dean's desk, flipping through each page, insisting you can afford their high tuition, and shouting

"Either you take me (w/ my money) OR expect a bankruptcy of your FINE instuition!!! What would you like? Choose one option only. You have 3 seconds to answer. 3 2 1... is that your final ANSWER????"

HangOnSloopy said:

LMAO.. :laugh: Man that was hilarious! I find this forum to be so entertaining!

If you call on Dec. 1st you can actually ask them whether or not you are accepted? i mean if they say no, personally i would rather get it on a peice of paper via mail then hearing that sort of bad news over the phone.

Anyone know how long this December 1st Rule has been in place? Like 5 years, or more like 10 years, or more like since the beginning of recorded history?

Please call, especially if you've interviewed at the same schools I have. This will increase my chances of getting in. :thumbup:

trypmo said:
... Developing a phobia related to empty mailboxes.
LOL! same here!!

i bet somebody here on sdn has already called the schools. which school? what did they say? please tell us!