Calling schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sharkteeth88

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I noticed one sdn'er who called up NYU to check on the status of their application and two minutes later received an email extending them an interview. I tried searching for that thread to PM them asking them whether or not they had already received the app complete email and were just checking up or what, but couldn't seem to find them (so if you read this please feel free to answer!). Although the emails say not to call to check on your app status, I know by doing so it also shows you are dedicated and determined to get an interview/go to their school. I don't want to piss them off but I don't want it to seem as though I'm not interested. Has anyone been calling their schools to check on their statuses? Or is this a bad idea..

Members don't see this ad.

i called nyu like half an hour ago to check my status, the person was being nice about it and told that really there is nothing that can be said except that it is under review.

i certainly hope that calling to check status does not give a negative impression :scared:

Guys!! there is NOTHING wrong with calling schools, as matter of fact, it shows how interested you are in their program.

remember, you paid that $50-80 application fee, so its within YOUR RIGHT to call and find out whats going on with your application.

So I noticed one sdn'er who called up NYU to check on the status of their application and two minutes later received an email extending them an interview. I tried searching for that thread to PM them asking them whether or not they had already received the app complete email and were just checking up or what, but couldn't seem to find them (so if you read this please feel free to answer!). Although the emails say not to call to check on your app status, I know by doing so it also shows you are dedicated and determined to get an interview/go to their school. I don't want to piss them off but I don't want it to seem as though I'm not interested. Has anyone been calling their schools to check on their statuses? Or is this a bad idea..

Or it shows that there is a lack of following directions.