Calvin Cycle?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

happyfellow

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been using TBR bio passages and I came across the Calvin cycle (pertains to plants) and missed nearly every question because I had no idea what it was saying. Has anyone ever seen this on the MCAT and is it even tested? thanks

happy

Members don't see this ad.

I'd like to know about it as well. Can someone please answer this? The passages on that particular chapter was extremely hard compared to others in a sense that just knowing what was covered in the chapter wouldn't get you anywhere near a respectful grade, since it requierd additinoal background information.

There really is very little plant physiology required for the MCAT. I would check the list of topics to be certain, but I don't believe knowledge of the Calvin cycle is necessary.

pretty sure botany is unnecessary. are you sure you didn't miss questions because of passage interpretation issues? for example, if they throw in a completely unheard-of process, but say "in a process that's the direct reverse of glycolysis.." it's completely fair game