Can AMCAS change anything without my persmission ONCE VERIFIED?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

anxious_premed

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been officially verified last week and I got my gpa. I was wonderin can amcas change anything on my application (course work, GPA, ec's, personal statement etc.) without my permission? For example, could AMCAS go in and change my GPA without telling me. I wouldn't think so because my application is verified. Also can they change my courses/gpa by themselves OR CAN THEY ONLY CHANGE IT IF I FILE AN ACADEMIC CHANGE REQUEST OFFICIALLY.

In other words once amcas verified my application can they do anything behind my back/without my permission to my gpa/courses/personal statement etc?

Members don't see this ad.

i can't imagine a situation where they would want/need to change your personal statement...paranoid?

MahSpoon said:
i can't imagine a situation where they would want/need to change your personal statement...paranoid?

I was more concerned with my course work and gpa but was trying figure out if they are allowed to change anything without my persmission, and without me filing a official acadmeic request form

Members don't see this ad :)
anxious_premed said:
I was more concerned with my course work and gpa but was trying figure out if they are allowed to change anything without my persmission, and without me filing a official acadmeic request form

How is this a problem? What did you lie about a course and then get it passed them and now that it's verified want to know if you could get caught?

Or did you put a course under the wrong department heading and they didn't catch it and you think they will and it will keep you from being complete at your schools?

I really can't think of any other situations, if you're so worried about it call or email them.

AMCAS changed my application for the better. Gave me 1 extra credit hour for science classes that I took at another school. I received good marks in them so it was fine by me. Hooray!

Bump.

Does anyone know if AMCAS can change anything on my application once it is verified without my permission? The previous posters were not helpful :(

anxious_premed said:
Bump.

Does anyone know if AMCAS can change anything on my application once it is verified without my permission? The previous posters were not helpful :(
Of course they CAN. They can do anything they want with your app as far as verification/reverification. You already gave them permission to verify, reverify, or do an investigation. If something came to thier attention and they found a verification mistake, why would they not make the change? Of course they would (note: they won't make changes YOU request, like if you got a grade changed by bugging your prof). The real question is why WOULD they make a change now? Unless you have some really special reason to suspect that they WOULD, no one at SDN so far can figure out a reason why the WOULD. The simple answer is that they COULD if the need arose.

You seem really worried... we’re all now intrigued as to why. Perhaps if you told us the situation we could give you specific advice for your situation.

You're either being really paranoid or are in a very precarious situation.

Once you submitted all of that information, and released your transcripts to them, all of that information became property of AMCAS, just like your MCAT scores and everything else. I know that they mainly put that stuff so that they can use us for statistics, data charts, graphs...but they hold the cards and you don't, if that's what you're asking.

If you've got a problem on your application that slipped through, you should let them know. If there is something on there that is a major lie and they verified it, you better hope that if you get accepted, that no one finds out the truth, because you could get kicked out of school, etc. What ever is off on your application, I would make sure it was made right.