Can an emmetrope get into OD school?

Started by cpw
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
prettygreeneyes said:
Alright, being that I haven't started optometry school yet, I've gotta ask... what is an emmetrope? Is that even an optometry related word or am I dense? 😕
It's someone with normal eyes, i.e. emmetropic means parallel light rays are focused perfectly on the retina, so an emmetrope is someone with this "condition." The opposite would be ametropic, i.e. someone with myopia, hyperopia, or astigmatism, where visual images aren't in focus on the retina. 😉
 
in_translation said:
It's someone with normal eyes, i.e. emmetropic means parallel light rays are focused perfectly on the retina, so an emmetrope is someone with this "condition." The opposite would be ametropic, i.e. someone with myopia, hyperopia, or astigmatism, where visual images aren't in focus on the retina. 😉

Ahhh... thanks!!!