Can an Undocumented Immigrant attend the IDP program?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

osahon7

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi! Am just wondering, what if i overstay my B1/B2 visa! If i gain admission into an IDP program, can i get a F Visa despite the fact that am undocumented ?

Members don't see this ad.

Universities require you to get a student visa. Authorities don't like people disrespecting the system, most likely you will be denied student visa and wouldn't be able to attend an IDP.
Non-residents often are asked to prepay a full semester or even a year tuition ahead. How do you plan to accomplish that?

Universities require you to get a student visa. Authorities don't like people disrespecting the system, most likely you will be denied student visa and wouldn't be able to attend an IDP.
Non-residents often are asked to prepay a full semester or even a year tuition ahead. How do you plan to accomplish that?

Thanks for the reply. It’s just a random thought though,am not planning to overstay my visa. Besides i heard most loan programs requires you to have an F visa but the US Consulate requires having sufficient funds as liquid cash to pay for first year of dental school before they grant Visa.
Can you clarify me on this ?

Members don't see this ad :)
What do you mean by "loan program"?
Each school has it's own policy. Some want a semester prepay.some a full year. The last word is consulate's

What do you mean by "loan program"?
Each school has it's own policy. Some want a semester prepay.some a full year. The last word is consulate's
By loan program i mean “getting a loan from a financial institution” most financial institutions require you to have a F Visa before the visa is granted

You need a guarantor or a cosigner for the loan