Can any NECO students help me? *advice*

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

missbrightside

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello! I am pre-optometry strongly considering NECO and another school but I don't know anyone who attends NECO that can tell me about their student experience there. I would really appreciate if i could get some feedback as to what its like at NECO, do you enjoy it, how is the clinical experience (having to commute to clinic), how are the pre-clinic and laboratory facilities, how are the classes, how's living in Boston, how's the housing situation, do you have a lot of friends, how accessible are the staff/faculty? Please PM me or post on here if you attend/ded NECO, your advice is seriously appreciated! I already got accepted to NECO for 2018 and need to make a decision in the next months.
 
I'm not from New England, but NECO is a fine school What really counts is how it's students perform on the NBEO. Everything else is sorta secondary and how happy you will be in this situation depends a lot on yourself. Go to a school that is convenient, affordable, and in an area that you might want to live in.
 
Does anyone know what sort of work students do during their second year clerkship? Is it primarily watching or doing procedures?
Also has anyone in the past had issues with there not being enough practice lanes?