Can Anybody please help me to rank these programs ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dragondoc

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got interviews from these neuro programs. All of them went very well. I need some advice on which one is a better program. Thank you for your help.

1. University of Cincinnati
2. UMDNJ-Newark
3. Medical College of Wisconsin
4. Tulane
5. University of West Virginia
6. NSLIJ
7. SUNY Stony Brook
8. University of New Mexico
9. UCSD
10. UTMB-Austin

Members don't see this ad.

I got interviews from these neuro programs. All of them went very well. I need some advice on which one is a better program. Thank you for your help.

2. UMDNJ-Newark
4. Tulane
6. NSLIJ
7. SUNY Stony Brook
9. UCSD
10. UTMB-Austin

It depends on what you consider as important-lifestyle, reputation, etc. From your list, I think Stony Brook, UTMB Austin, NSLIJ and Wisconsin positively surprised me. Didn't think too much of UCSD.

2. UMDNJ-Newark
4. Tulane
6. NSLIJ
7. SUNY Stony Brook
9. UCSD
10. UTMB-Austin

Dude, if you cant make a ranklist of programs you visited then your'e:eek::thumbdown:rolleyes::mad:

How naive of the residency committees of these wonderful programs to call someone like you. They should just not look at paper.

Members don't see this ad :)
hey onco. chill out. It was a simple question.

hey onco. chill out. It was a simple question.

Sorry for the outburst :smuggrin:
I just hate it when I see people of low intelligence getting interviewed for a Neurology spot.
Cheers..

Dragon I would make a list of important factors and then score program. Then, combined with your intuition, pick what seems best for you.

And ignore the random insults. Not sure what is up with that.

Last edited:
Rank them by latitude... warmest programs first.

Rank them by latitude... warmest programs first.

Yes - best advice I've read all day!! Remember folks, you canNOT underestimate the importance of geography and living in a city that makes you happy. Most of us are young adults and we should make the most of it. That includes having a high quality of life outside of work.