Can anyone access this article?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

njac

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I went home early from rotation today because I've been hit with a summer death flu. Preceptor has small children so I'm blaming him - he just doesn't want my germs. I promised I would look up my "learning issues" from home today.

It looks like over the weekend one of my complicated GI patients (I think advanced Crohn's) had an ex-lap and his post-op abx are Zosyn 3.375g q4h. Never seen Zosyn q4h before (and this is not an ID order - I rounded with ID this morning and this patient was not on the list). Of course no cultures.

So I found this article but of course it's about 6 months too early to be online where I'd have access to it, can anyone else please, please get it? My school doesn't have the world's best journal access:

Comparative Pharmacokinetic and Pharmacodynamic Profile of Piperacillin/Tazobactam 3.375G Q4H and 4.5G Q6H
Holly M. Mattoesa, Blair Capitanoa, Myo-Kyoung Kima, Dawei Xuana, Richard Quintiliania,c, Charles H. Nightingalea,b, David P. Nicolaua,
Chemotherapy 2002;48:59-63

Also: Clopidogrel 150mg QDay came up last week. I think I may do my journal club on it. Has anyone else seen this? There are a handful of papers and it looks like it might help certain patient populations (but I'm pretty underwhelmed by the data).

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Thanks - I'm trying to find more than the abstract for free :/ Stupid 2003-current on my school's subscription.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks - I'm trying to find more than the abstract for free :/ Stupid 2003-current on my school's subscription.

that's the whole article there. PM me your email address and i'll email it to you.