can anyone answer this question?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vemi007

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

My wife has already appeared for her STEP-1 exam twice and she failed both times, she is studying hard for her third attempt. i like to know if there is any chance down the road that she can get an interview for residency even if she does well in STEP 2 CK.

any comments are appreciated..

Members don't see this ad.

hi,

I can't comment specifically on your wife's situation, but I can say that I know someone who failed once, and barely passed the second time. Despite going to a school of questionable reputation in the Carribean, he is now working as an internist in the USA. I guess it all depends on how competitive a residency you are going for. Obviously, applying to plastics or radiology would be out of the question at this point.

Just my two cents.

vemi007 said:
Hi All,

My wife has already appeared for her STEP-1 exam twice and she failed both times, she is studying hard for her third attempt. i like to know if there is any chance down the road that she can get an interview for residency even if she does well in STEP 2 CK.

any comments are appreciated..