Can Anyone Recommend a Post-Bacc Program in NY?

Started by mblumes
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Going to do a post-bacc, preferably in New York. Long Island area if possible.

Open to both formal and DIY versions.

Looking for recommendations, reviews, and just New York post-bacc experiences in general.

Things I'm wondering about:
  • Cost
  • Class availability (were you able to get into the classes you needed when you needed?)
  • Financial aid
  • Class difficulty (were the classes appropriately challenging or too difficult? I need a 3.9+ so this is a big one)
  • Advisement
  • Committee letters
  • General letters of recommendation
  • Professors
  • MCAT / study help
  • Office hours / general help

Thanks!
 
I had a fantastic experience at CCNY (part-time 2009-2013), but registration was a huge problem. Supposedly there is a new postbac premed program with guaranteed seats in required classes. How are they accomplishing this? Special sections for the postbacs? What gives with the $10,000 "program fee"? Maybe there's someone currently enrolled who can comment. I will say that I didn't click with the premed advisor, but that wasn't her fault, just not a personality match.

Edit: and we definitely had people coming in from the nearer parts of LI--maybe you could carpool.
 
Last edited by a moderator: