Can Anyone Recommend a Post-Bacc Program in NY?

May 15, 2020
  1. Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    Going to do a post-bacc, preferably in New York. Long Island area if possible.

Open to both formal and DIY versions.

Looking for recommendations, reviews, and just New York post-bacc experiences in general.

Things I'm wondering about:
    • Cost
    • Class availability (were you able to get into the classes you needed when you needed?)
    • Financial aid
    • Class difficulty (were the classes appropriately challenging or too difficult? I need a 3.9+ so this is a big one)
    • Advisement
    • Committee letters
    • General letters of recommendation
    • Professors
    • MCAT / study help
    • Office hours / general help

Thanks!

samc

PGY-3
    10+ Year Member
    Dec 26, 2010
    Boston, MA
    beckse.googlepages.com
    1. Resident [Any Field]
      I had a fantastic experience at CCNY (part-time 2009-2013), but registration was a huge problem. Supposedly there is a new postbac premed program with guaranteed seats in required classes. How are they accomplishing this? Special sections for the postbacs? What gives with the $10,000 "program fee"? Maybe there's someone currently enrolled who can comment. I will say that I didn't click with the premed advisor, but that wasn't her fault, just not a personality match.

Edit: and we definitely had people coming in from the nearer parts of LI--maybe you could carpool.

Last edited:
      Reactions: 1 user
      About the Ads
      This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
      2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
      5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
      6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      7. This thread is locked.