Can chem series be from a community college?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

andyfromseattle

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I know many schools want you to take your post bacc at a 4 year school, is it ok to take chem at a cc then take bio,ochem,physics at a 4 year? I figure if they see I do well in ochem they'll know I learned inorganic chem at the cc.

Basically it could save me thousands (by not having to move as soon) so if possible I'd like to do that.
 
andyfromseattle said:
I know many schools want you to take your post bacc at a 4 year school, is it ok to take chem at a cc then take bio,ochem,physics at a 4 year? I figure if they see I do well in ochem they'll know I learned inorganic chem at the cc.

Basically it could save me thousands (by not having to move as soon) so if possible I'd like to do that.

Why don't you call the school or schools you are interested in and ask them if they accept CC credits.
 
i know that boston for sure does not CC and Indiana does not like it either. i took most of my prereqs at CC and was told that the question of why you took some classes in one place and some at anther might come up, like i was afraid of the challenge. but like you iwas saving money. i think that if you have a good excuse its ok. just make sure you get a good grade.
good luck