Can computer science classes be considered social science?

Started by kntran1010
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

kntran1010

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
As the tittle suggest, I was just wondering if you can use computer science as a social science prerequisite for pharmacy school application?
 
Social science is the study of human behavior, which is not at all related to computer science. On the pharmcas application (if that is what you are referring to), there is a section for computer science that is a different category than social science (https://portal.pharmcas.org/applican...s_subjects.htm).

I was wondering this because when I look under the prerequisite section of some schools, they list computer under social science
ex: University of Maryland http://www.pharmacy.umaryland.edu/admissions/pharmd/prereqs.html in the FAQ section.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I guess no one can find the answer to this question 😕. Maybe I should just go ahead and take some classes this summer to meet the prerequisites...🙁
 
According to PharmCAS, it's categorized under computer science. Maybe you should ask some schools what they think of it. But computer science doesn't seem like social science to me.
 
Depends on the class, itself, I'd say. "Advanced coding," probably not. "Computers and society," why not?
 
So I guess no one can find the answer to this question 😕. Maybe I should just go ahead and take some classes this summer to meet the prerequisites...🙁

The answer to your question is that it depends. The school you linked to seems to allow it. Others may not. You need to investigate other schools you are interested in. None of us know the answer for every college of pharmacy in the country.