Can I apply DO this late in the cycle?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FiletFrenzy

Reaction score
My sGPA is 3.65 (I believe it is slightly lower for AACOMAS, like around 3.5) and cGPA is 3.74 with a 514 MCAT. I have extensive research (2000+ hours) and clinical experience (1500+ hours) among other well-rounded EC's. Slightly low on the community service hours (~100 hours) but I'm improving them this cycle. Would I be okay to apply now, and what schools would be recommended? Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

I suggest:

PCOM
DMU
KCU
Marian
KCOM
NYIT-COM
CCOM (high tuition though)

Get secondaries submitted over the next couple weeks.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I suggest:

PCOM
DMU
KCU
Marian
KCOM
NYIT-COM
CCOM (high tuition though)

Get secondaries submitted over the next couple weeks.

Is KCOM a top DO school in your opinion even though it’s a new school?

Reactions: 1 user
It’s not new, it refers to Kirksville College of Osteopathic Medicine (full name is ATSU-KCOM). It was the first DO school.

Oops, sorry. Got confused with Kansas College of Medicine

Reactions: 1 user
My sGPA is 3.65 (I believe it is slightly lower for AACOMAS, like around 3.5) and cGPA is 3.74 with a 514 MCAT. I have extensive research (2000+ hours) and clinical experience (1500+ hours) among other well-rounded EC's. Slightly low on the community service hours (~100 hours) but I'm improving them this cycle. Would I be okay to apply now, and what schools would be recommended? Thank you!
It's still not too late.

Suggest adding to chilly list:
Both Westerns
All LECOMs
Vcom
All Touros
KCU
AZCOM
CUSOM

Reactions: 2 users
wvsom, wcucom and dmu are free secondaries! although wcucom is selective on who they send secondaries too.

Reactions: 1 users