Can I apply to AMCAS twice?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Spiderman [RNA Ladder 2003]

Platinum Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
What if I apply to a couple schools now and then will apply to a few other schools later. Can I add schools to my list later on?

Members don't see this ad.

Yes you can. Good luck.

If you can afford it, I would suggest that you add all of the schools that you are thinking about/planning on applying to now. The earlier they get a file going for you, the better it is now. The ~30 dollar fee per school is nothing in the grand scheme of things if it helps you get into where you would like to go. Don't go crazy and apply to 30+ schools, but make sure that you have a good number of schools listed and you can screen them later by secondary and interview if necessary.

Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone applied twice during one year. how do you do that since you can submit your application only once?

:confused: Why would you want to apply twice? You apply only once per application cycle (and hopefully only once per lifetime! :wink: ). Adding additional schools does not necessitate another application. Btw, applying to only 3 schools does not make much sense. ckent is right, it's best to apply early to a wide range of schools. Waiting until after you have your August MCAT scores (which will be sometime in mid October) to apply to more schools will put you so far behind at those schools that it won't be worth it. If you're that apprehensive about how you'll do on the MCAT, perhaps you should wait until next year to apply, so as to have the option of re-taking in April.