Can I apply to more med schools even though I already submitted my AMCAS?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nope80

Resident
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just realized that there are a few other schools I'd like to apply to and was wondering if it is possible to do so even though I've already submitted my amcas?

Members don't see this ad.

I just realized that there are a few other schools I'd like to apply to and was wondering if it is possible to do so even though I've already submitted my amcas?

just go back on amcas and add them to the list...you'll have to pay the same $30/school

Members don't see this ad :)
You might want to wait until you are verified to make sure that you do not get pushed to the back of the line. I have addded schools since after verification, and my application was immediatly re-verified.

i have been verified and actually recieved secondaries from other schools already..so i guess its okay then to go ahead and resubmit? its not going to mess up my other applications?

You might want to wait until you are verified to make sure that you do not get pushed to the back of the line. I have addded schools since after verification, and my application was immediatly re-verified.

But if you resubmit your application, will you end up sending the AMCAS twice to the schools you initially had on your app the first time you submitted?