Can I apply to Optometry Schools with these OAT scores?

aquanima

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I just took the OAT earlier today and got these scores:

QR: 370
RC: 290 (I'm really disappointed and disgusted with this one)
Bio: 360
Gen Chem: 360
Organic Chem: 320
Physics: 300 (not too great either)
TS: 350
AA: 330

Do you think a I've got a shot with these, or should I write the test again? Oh, and my #1 school is ICO. Thanks in advance! :)

Members don't see this ad.

You sure can apply! Those scores are ok and I think with the proper letters of rec and gpa and essay u have a great shot. I got an interview and my scores arnt that fantastic either. but apply early. I think a major thing is if your transcript can blanance it out where you are weak. for ex: you got all A in physics or something in college, then there is merit.

Hey guys,

I just took the OAT earlier today and got these scores:

QR: 370
RC: 290 (I'm really disappointed and disgusted with this one)
Bio: 360
Gen Chem: 360
Organic Chem: 320
Physics: 300 (not too great either)
TS: 350
AA: 330

Do you think a I've got a shot with these, or should I write the test again? Oh, and my #1 school is ICO. Thanks in advance! :)
Your grades are pretty good , Good Luck.
Because you are fresh in memory could you please tell me what the topics covered in the biology and reading part, thank you.

Definitely apply with those scores, but be sure those schools don't care about the RC score being slightly under 300. Good luck.

Members don't see this ad :)
You should definately apply. Those scores make you a very competitive candidate. I am interviewing with ICO this Tuesday, so feel free to contact me if you want details.

Hey guys, I just took the OAT and I was wondering if I had any chance of getting into optometry school with a 290 TS score and a 280 AA score and a 3.2 gpa? I know my score and gpa are not great.

Hey guys, I just took the OAT and I was wondering if I had any chance of getting into optometry school with a 290 TS score and a 280 AA score and a 3.2 gpa? I know my score and gpa are not great.

I would take it over. Your GPA is ok and your OAT scores are not so great. To be a competitive applicant try to bring up your OAT score. If you are pressed for time, then apply with your current scores and see what happens but it won't be easy.

Sorry to bring this post back to life. But I just took my OAT this week and these were my scores. My GPA is a 3.33 out of 4.o and I just graduated this past december.

BIO 390 96.8 percentile
GENCHEM 350 88.0
ORGO 400 100.0
READING C. 340 85.9
PHYSICS 310 66.1 (lol)
QUANT REAS 330 80.0
TS 370 94.8
AA 350 93.8

How competitive are my scores? Which schools are the "best" for me? Which ones should I aim for?
Kinda new to this. Any advice would help :)