Can I choose the interview date?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

alialui

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hello, everyone.

I'm planning to go study abroad next year, but I don't know if I should go

in the fall 2007 or Spring 2008.

even though I do not even know I would get a chance to have an interview,

do you think school would let me know when I should be in the states,

if I explain my situation to the schools?

another question is whether students who had their interview earlier would

have better chance to get accepted.

thank you have a nice day everybody

Members don't see this ad.

My friend was kind of in the same situation. He is in India right now and was planning to be until the end of Aug. He got medschool interviews for early/mid Aug. The only rescheduling option was for Jan. and Feb. He is cutting his trip short to come back for the interviews. It is probably better if you interview sooner than later.
I would study abroad in the Spring, however if you don't get interviews until then...that's just bad luck

LazurasDC said:
My friend was kind of in the same situation. He is in India right now and was planning to be until the end of Aug. He got medschool interviews for early/mid Aug. The only rescheduling option was for Jan. and Feb. He is cutting his trip short to come back for the interviews. It is probably better if you interview sooner than later.
I would study abroad in the Spring, however if you don't get interviews until then...that's just bad luck

Your friend is lucky since most interviews aren't during the summer.

Alailui, some schools will be more flexible than others in allowing you to reschedule interviews. But, unless all your interviews are scheduled during the same semester, it's going to be hard to study abroad during your last year. You not only have to deal with interviews, but correspondence as well. You don't want to come back home to find interview requests that ask you to respond by a deadline that has already past.