Can I cold call DO Programs while in SOAP?

Started by Smiths11
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Smiths11

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am a SOAP participant. I know I can't call ACGME programs without being contacted first. But can I call programs from the NMS (AOA Match) that have open spots?

Thanks
 
No you are not allowed to contact any do programs until Friday


Thanks, I think it's actually Thursday though. From the NRMP FAQ:

I am SOAP-eligible. Can I apply to programs not participating in SOAP? No. If you are SOAP-eligible, you are prohibited from contacting or applying to programs not participating in SOAP until SOAP concludes at 11:00 AM ET on Thursday of Match Week.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thanks, I think it's actually Thursday though. From the NRMP FAQ:

I am SOAP-eligible. Can I apply to programs not participating in SOAP? No. If you are SOAP-eligible, you are prohibited from contacting or applying to programs not participating in SOAP until SOAP concludes at 11:00 AM ET on Thursday of Match Week.

.
 
Last edited: