Can I do it

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

agd12

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Chances of getting in with a 3.07 Science gpa and overall 3.56

Members don't see this ad.

1. That's honestly not a lot to go off of. There is more to admissions than a science GPA and overall GPA. There's the DAT, shadowing, volunteering, extracurriculars, personal statement, LOR's, research, strength of coursework, etc. - all of which can have varying quality.

2. Based on this other thread you made [http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/what-are-my-chances.1145149/ ] you throw around a lot of pointless hypothetical "chance" requests.

Reactions: 1 user
1. That's honestly not a lot to go off of. There is more to admissions than a science GPA and overall GPA. There's the DAT, shadowing, volunteering, extracurriculars, personal statement, LOR's, research, strength of coursework, etc. - all of which can have varying quality.

2. Based on this other thread you made [http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/what-are-my-chances.1145149/ ] you throw around a lot of pointless hypothetical "chance" requests.
or his science gpa dropped by 0.4 in 2 months... RIP

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Don't reply if you have a problem with my questions then

Don't reply if you have a problem with my questions then
Your question is really just based off one thing which is your gpa... That literally doesn't say anything. A person with a 3.0 can get into dental school while a person with a 4.0 doesn't get in. And like @PlasmaMembrane said there's more to you, as a person, than your GPA. Looking at the past forum, it seems to me like people have told you this already... Now would be a good time for you to independently research what YOU need to do to become a dentist. Don't rely so much on people telling you whether you are worthy or not, especially on anonymous community websites.

Reactions: 1 users
yah i think you have a good shot! just apply broadly and i invested in the ADEA dental school guide its only 15$ for the online version. gives good breakdowns of GPA and DAT for accepted students for every dental school

I don't mean to jump on a negativity bandwagon here, but you at least need a DAT score; prep-test averages if nothing else...GPA is such a tiny component of the application.

Based on your other "chance me" thread that someone linked, your EC's sound great! Your GPA is fine since I've seen others with lesser GPAs gain acceptances. Just make sure you do well on the DAT and I think you'll have a good chance.