Can I get a 515+ after scoring 509 on previous MCAT exam?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Thriver_MD

Full Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am retaking the MCAT and aiming for a 515 to be competitive. I took the MCAT before and scored 509 (C/P 128, CARS, 127, B/B 127, P/S 126). When I was preparing for this exam, I was also working full time and going to class half-time, so had limited time to study and prepare besides weekends.

This time I am doing things differently. I am dedicating 10 weeks to study. 5 weeks studying while working and 5 weeks studying full time. I work full time and have been focusing on content review with Princeton Review and UWorld practice questions on nights and weekends. I am also making study guides and ANKI cards and reviewing those everyday. In addition, I will be taking 5 weeks off work before test day to dedicate to full time prep. I will be done with content review by the time I am studying full time and will be using Uworld and AAMC materials to practice. I am also taking a FL practice exam every week, saving the AAMC exams to when I am finished content review.

Is this a feasible plan to see an improvement? Are there other resources anyone would suggest?

I would greatly appreciate any guidance!
 
It's always feasible to see improvement. I scored a 505 my first test and got a 517+ on the second go. Changing habits that don't work is the key to success. Bearing down on the hard content/less desired content you don't want to work on/are pushing off is also key to success. Repetition through flash cards/practice tests/Anki is also good.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I went from a 504 on AAMC 1 to 515 on the real thing in 8 weeks, absolutely doable. UWORLD is a godsend and the fact that P/S is your lowest means you could pull that up easily to a really strong score.