Can I get an unoficial curbside consult, just a quick question.

Started by lmnopeieio
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lmnopeieio

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm an ER guy. If I had a pt bleeding to death ( quickly, masively, internal bleed , upper vs lower GI tract.) Hmg 12 to 5 acutely. However, he has duffy antibodies. If I gave O- (or even type specific), would it kill him?

Or hold my breath and pray the duffy will arive ( 4 hour away )?

You guys are amazingly brillant. Youre deepth of knowledge on this is just stagering. With much respect, could you render and academic / unofficial oppinion?


thanks
 
Status
Not open for further replies.