can i get into usc??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

crazyrice610

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
i graduated from ucsd w/ a 3.3 (all the c's i ever got was in my prereq classes)
i took some of my prereqs at a CC (microbio, anatomy, physiology, speech, psych, econ, and stats) and didn't get As in all classes

i have 2 yrs of pharm experience, and also working exp in lab and in the business field.
i had an interview at usc on jan 22nd and been on the active list since then. i thought i did okay n the interview (but not great i guess). i noticed that after each interview, the ppl they accept r usually the ones that they have just interviews and only 3 from the active list.

in your opinion, should i stop waiting for usc and have my heart set for western? i only applied to ucsd, usc, and western. main reason is i want to live at home or stay in SD (where i did my undergrad).
 
I think you can get in. I had a 3.27 and a few C's at CAL. I had a lot of other experiences in terms of research and leadership and only 6 months of volunteering at a pharmacy. I had my interview for SC back in november and I got my acceptance letter this past monday. Don't give it up just yet. I did for SC and I got accepted...just hang in there but if i were you pay your deposit for a back up. I did that for UOP but now I think i'm gonna go to SC instead.