1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

can i keep bugging them???

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by swtxxxang3l, Dec 16, 2005.

1. swtxxxang3l

swtxxxang3l PaTieNTLy WaiTinG
    5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    i'm still under review for a lot of schools... already got rejected from MN and AL. can i keep emailing them and asking for updates??? are they goin' to get mad? i'm sooo worried; yet, i can't do a thing about it...

aiyaaaaa....

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. jaerob

jaerob Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I think they will get annoyed if you call them over and over... I know it's really really really hard, but maybe try to sit tight for a bit longer. I hope you hear good news soon! Best of luck.

4. jaerob

jaerob Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Oh, my fault. I see that you asked if emailing would make them mad, not calling. But either way, I think it's pretty much the same deal. What do they tell you when you email? That's it's still under review? Same answer every time, right? They'll contact you if things change, so try to stay positive and hope you hear from schools with good news soon. Good luck :)

5. U2Me2

U2Me2 Member
    5+ Year Member

I think most would say that it's ok to phone or email once, but not more. If you get no response, it's because there's nothing further to say to you. If "they" had something to communicate with you, "they" would do so. Contacting them more than once is annoying and so probably not a good idea.

While you're waiting quietly for followups, you can practice your spelling and review the rules for using capital letters. That would be another way for you to be less annoying.

6. Dutchboy

Dutchboy Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Your a total loser, does it make you feel big to bag on people online? We're going into dentistry, we'll have secretaries to do our writing.

7. SunnyDay

SunnyDay Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental

Personally, I would call only once every month once you know your application is complete.

8. adamlc18

adamlc18 Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    I love it...the guy who bashes the guy who was bashing someone for bad spelling does the same thing the original bashing was done for. Classic. :laugh:

9. Dutchboy

Dutchboy Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    That is my point, I'll have a secretary! :laugh:

10. SirShagaLot

SirShagaLot Move Maker Extraordinaire
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental

I concurrrrrr
    :cool:

11. mkdhappy

mkdhappy Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    aYy...it's called a "forum" -- not many "peeps" carry their grammar book to this forum. :p ..

well, i tried to look for something that's not caps in your post...but *sighz*, I guess you're really good at being gramatically correct, even in here. :thumbup: ^_^

and...to the OP...I WISH YOU THE BEST OF LUCK! I know how it feels to be in your shoes, and I hope that you'll hear good news soon. Maybe don't bug them TOO much, unless they specifically say..."email me back" within so and so time for updates (or something like that). It's Christmas time as well, so give them a little "delay" in the process. :luck: