Can I submit application??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Can I go ahead and submit?

• No - need to have everything in PTCAS before submitting

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes - can send application and it will update when LOR arrive

Votes: 8 100.0%

• Total voters

collegestudent0717

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
If I have everything sent to PTCAS/filled out but i'm waiting on 2 out of 3 of my letters of recommendation - can I go ahead and submit to get everything verified or do I wait for the LORs?

Just want to send in my application as early as possible! I asked for my letters awhile ago but I didn't expect them to wait so many weeks to write it!

Members don't see this ad.

I recalled I read something like “submit application as soon as you finished, don’t have to wait till you have all your letter of recommendation” on PTCAS. Just double check PTCAS website.

Reactions: 1 user
You can submit the applications without all LOR's submitted. However, make sure that you have everything correct on your application before you submit. It will lock you out of editing your personal statement, observation hours, experiences, etc. You will still be able to add things, but you can not go back if something is incorrect. If it's not for a school with rolling admissions, I would recommend waiting until closer to the deadline.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Make sure everything is correct and then submit! I submitted before they recieved my transcripts or my LORs. They will just email you when they receive each thing.

Thanks for the help so far! So, does this mean the schools will be able to start reviewing my application once I submit or will they still have to wait until official transcript/LOR come in?

I believe that they will wait because they cannot adequately evaluate your app without all of the necessary components.