Can not wait until August

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

raptor5

Fooled by Randomness
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
With just about 6 months until the start of medical school I must say I can not wait. Not for the obvious reasons but because undergrad is such a joke. The term papers, presentations, anal retentiveness (is that a word? If so is it spelled write!). The mass amounts of time I am wasting writing paper after paper doing powerpoint after powerpoint is killing me. So much time wasted that would be put to better use studying. I am the person that would rather read textbooks and study than write papers but that is just me. Poor writing skills is my downfall. You should have seen my MCAT writing grade. I guess I will have to fix that before I need to publish research in Residency. hmmm.

Sorry, I am just venting.

I am counting down.

Good Luck to all those that are waitlisted or waiting for acceptance letters. For all those sitting on endless rejection letters, do not give up try again for 2005.

Raptor5
PCOM Class of 2008

Members don't see this ad.

I too am getting tired of the monotany of undergrad. I can't make myself do anything! Especially in my lower plant morphology class, i just don't see a point in learning things that are not relevent to my future career. Is anyone else having this problem?

You think YOU can't wait. I graduated in December and am currently working full time in a job that is boring and has absolutely nothing to do with medicine. Sure it's nice taking a break from studying, but seriously I can't wait to do something I care about.

Members don't see this ad :)
It's been three years since undergrad and about 1 1/2 since my post bac and I honestly can't wait either to start med school. Good luck everyone! :clap: 4 years from now we'll be doctors!!!!!:clap: :clap: :clap:

I also feel like that going to class is useless this semester. I'm only taking 12 hours, and none of my classes have anything to do with my future career. Since I've been accepted, it has gotten a lot harder to go to class and study because I feel like it's a total waste of my time. I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one that feels this way. I can't wait until August!

I'm with you raptor. It has been two years since undergrad for me and I 've been working full time since then. Boy, I can't wait to start med school.

I'm all done with undergrad and grad. The worst thing for me is that (as much as I love my friends at home) I can't wait to start up a new social life. You know, the one one that will hardly exist.

It's probably because I've been out of undergrad since last May, but don't dismiss those classes so quickly! I found a lot of them to be valuable later, or I'll recall something from a class that was boring (like botany), and the info. really is important. But it's different if you've known you want to go to med school for a while I guess. I decided in my last semester senior year while taking a medical ethics that was required for all science majors. But I just got back from a group trip with people who are still in school, and I did not envy them for getting home and starting up a new semester when I just had to go to work the next day!

i've been out for 2 1/2 yrs now too, and i'm dying to start this summer too! i hate that i'm just waiting to start knowing how long we'll be there, i'd rather just start now and start working toward what we want to do for the rest of our lives.

raptor, see you this summer. PCOM 2008!!!

I felt that way for a little while, but now I am actually relishing my last six months of freedom!
Working hard, playing harder, and trying to save money for school... Now that I really have a plan, enjoying where I am and what I am doing is a lot easier. That, and I am living in a resort town and skiing 6 days a week. Rough life.
Hang in there, everybody. And savor the moment, no matter what you are doing.

I have one word...Senioritis

Im also doing my last semester as an undergrad. Although most of the classes im taking will definately come in handy in Med school, I just dont have the motivation to put any effort into classes. I just want to be lazy and do as little work as possible these last few months before my social life as I know it ends.

-Scott

Originally posted by jArsOfClay
You think YOU can't wait. I graduated in December and am currently working full time in a job that is boring and has absolutely nothing to do with medicine. Sure it's nice taking a break from studying, but seriously I can't wait to do something I care about.

ME TOO!!!

I have been a teacher for 2 1/2 years and love the kiddies, but I just don't care to do this job.

In the meantime, I am occupying myself by having a lot of fun just living life and enjoying my free time with my loved ones. It is such a liberating experience to know where I'll be next year, and just to SAVOR every moment with people you love. :D

Enjoy this time! I am, but I hate the monotony of work and preparing for work every day. I get by just because I rebel and do whatever the H*ll I want, and there's really nothing they can do about it, and I feel great. :thumbup: